Cristofolini MINARELLI 80cc Kit

I measured the TCR and got the following timings.
Exhaust: 190
Main and secondary transfers: 127
Boost: 122

The main transfer is tilted like some degrees towards the top of the cylinder not much. But there is a tilt. The boost port is like 30-35 degrees tilted not even close to 45 degrees.

But it seems to work fine at least!

is squish clearance factored in the measurement of port timing? those are very conservative specs. about the boost port angle when you say 30 to 35 degrees do you mean from vertical?

is squish clearance factored in the measurement of port timing? those are very conservative specs. about the boost port angle when you say 30 to 35 degrees do you mean from vertical?

No squish clearence is not in the measurement. The boost port is more aimed towards the exhaust port then to the head.

Hmm weird, tilted ports usually give less power and more powerband..

Maybe this clears up something:

[ir]http://www.euroscooters.nl/shop/downloads/Fotos/Team%20Cristofolini%20Racing/Cilinder%20Minarelli%20Horizontaal%2001.jpg[/ir]

Hmm weird, tilted ports usually give less power and more powerband..

Maybe this clears up something:

[ir]http://www.euroscooters.nl/shop/downloads/Fotos/Team%20Cristofolini%20Racing/Cilinder%20Minarelli%20Horizontaal%2001.jpg[/ir]

the 2f4r and the speed 7T has it to.
i realy like this cyl and im thinking about driving it on a 46MM crank or even on the 47mm crank of fabrizi.

Don't know if this might be interesting, but I tried to see
where the ports are focused.

What caught my attention was the auxiliaries not focused
on the center line (maybe.. if lines are guessed right), and how
the mains back them up, forming a nice pocket for the boost
outlet.
Would be interesting to know where the sides of the transfers,
by the exhaust, are aimed at.
3yd7m1u.jpg

Last edited:
stepvino, the blue line should angled more upward towardss the boost port, that's how they are pointed, too shallow discharge angle & they're prone to be sucked out to the exhaust port.

i checked the angle of the transfer ports on our 2Fast kit the main transfer poort is a bit more upward than the secondaries, this seems to be very common with the newer kits, now i think i get the idea why.

i checked the angle of the transfer ports on our 2Fast kit the main transfer poort is a bit more upward than the secondaries, this seems to be very common with the newer kits, now i think i get the idea why.

Why?

Edit: My speed2 has all ports slightly tilted up, stock.

Why?

Edit: My speed2 has all ports slightly tilted up, stock.

the 6T Team cilinders have almost flat roof angle, my take is flat roof angles make the fresh charge build up too much in front of the transfer ports building up a "wall" until the boost port opens & pushes up the charge but my theory is that some of the charge can actually back up the transfer/boost ports causing loss of performance that's why they point the discharge angle of the transfer ports up so even if they collide with each other it will be above the transfer ports where they can't back up.

to keep the charge from short circuiting they move the timings down with the tilted ports so even though you have less timing it still makes as much power or even more than a flat roof angle with higher port timing.

clearly it's unimpeded gas flow that's the main goal of these new port angles, it's the pipes job to push back the overscavenged charge resulting from this highly efficient ports. it's no surprise these cilinders make 22hp (70cc) & 25hp (80cc) untuned with a good pipe.

May seem a stupid question but actually how many work hours does the cylinder/pistion/rings handle nicely? Both 2Fast and TCR.

it can take some time before he respond. I also has sent a email and after a few weeks he responded.

Last edited:
Back