Crankshaft problem with my NRG

Hebo

hey guys i have a problem with my scoot. The scoot is NRG mc3 DD (lequid cooled) a few months ago the temperature of the engine start rising very fast for a few minutes the temperature go to max on the tacho i was thinkin that the wotar pump is for changing so i take off the engine and open it i change the water pump and saw that the oil pump wheel dont spind the crank of the water pump so i buy new.. but with new wheel and water pump crank there it stil same the wheel cant spind the crank well so i push in some rubber and there was no problem any more so i start to closing the engine.. when the engine was open i dont put off the crankshaft beraings or seals the crank stay on the side of the engine where is the vario.. so i put the other side and tight up the bolts.. but the crankshaft now cant spind well.. some guys told me that the crank isnt in the center.. so i try to hit it with some rubber humer .. after a 20min hitting the problem was still the same.. the crank spind well only when i tight off the bolts with very small.. i think there must by some gasket between the two parts of the engine? or? what u thiNK?

sry for my bad english... ;]

Advertisement - register to remove this

LOL I had to read that twice to understand it. Sounds to me like you re either missing the crank case gasket (if your scooter takes one) or your crank may be bent or partially separated causing there to not be enough end play in the crank. The crank needs to be able to float back and forth in the crank cases a little bit.

hello there mate iv been working on my nrg as a hobby for the last 2 years and have done a hell of a lot to it..... i had the same problem with mine iv just had it redone and i found out that the reason that it over heats so quick is maybe the pump is nakered if so say goodbye to 120 - 150 pounds for it to be fixed..... i have just had to pay 120 for it to be replaced... the reason why it is over heating is because the pump cant keep the boar cool so try and see if it is the pump or you may just need a new thurmastatic valve..... hit me back mate.... or your crank may be bent the crank needs to be able to flote or you will get a very big problem.....

Back