Crank bearings

xzburnoutzx

Italjet Dragster
Hi, I just received the Doppler Endurance Crank and HQ Racing bearings. Do the bearings need to be heated or stm, to be put on, because they dont want to go on very well. I measured the hole and the crank. Both are 20mm, but the Crank has like a little edge on it, which over the bearings dont want to go. I didnt actually push them stongly. Anyway the size is the same, but they dont want to go on :D. I think the edge is to make them secure when they are on, but how to get them on safely?
Here you can see the edge.(its the one, just before when the fullmoon part begins.)
t0j8f7.jpg

Advertisement - register to remove this

Yes you must heat the bearing to get them on. Either put them in the oven or use a heat gun.

xzburnoutzx said:
Hi, I just received the Doppler Endurance Crank and HQ Racing bearings. Do the bearings need to be heated or stm, to be put on, because they dont want to go on very well. I measured the hole and the crank. Both are 20mm, but the Crank has like a little edge on it, which over the bearings dont want to go. I didnt actually push them stongly. Anyway the size is the same, but they dont want to go on :D. I think the edge is to make them secure when they are on, but how to get them on safely?
Here you can see the edge.(its the one, just before when the fullmoon part begins.)
t0j8f7.jpg

put the crank in the fridge and heat the bearings. The crank will shrink and the bearings will expand.
Make shure you do this right cause it is hard to remove them when they are on.

Which side faces the fullmoon part? Either the side where there are the notes(SKF etc, Made in Japan) or the blank side. Is it possible to do anything wrong?. Can it be done with a hairdryer? :D

So I´ll do half an hour with 95 degrees celcius. Correct? Anyway do they go one easily then, and do I take them from the oven and put them straigth on?

I did as you said, and I have a small problem. I did the 30min with 100c and put the bearings on(before I put some fully syntetic oil on the crank). One of the bearings did´t go exactly next to the full moon. I hope if I put the crank in the engine it will push them together because of the pressure. Any info about this? Here are the pictures:

vih1rp.jpg

vih1yq.jpg

vih24x.jpg

Last edited:
use the [ir] tag on your images it resizes them
i never fit the crank and bearings that way, i always place the bearings into the engine first. then i put in the crankshaft

Eoin70 said:
use the [ir] tag on your images it resizes them
i never fit the crank and bearings that way, i always place the bearings into the engine first. then i put in the crankshaft

I like to mount my bearings in the case first too...

Anyway when your in this mess... Find a pipe that fits the inner ring of the bearing and use a hammer to get them strait.

I´m going to try the pipe thing. Anyway this is my first time so be gentle :p I´ll let you know how it turns up. Should I put something between the bearings and the pipe(like rubber or...)

Last edited:
I got them on ok, but is it ok, if the bearings like move if I move them right and left (the part on the crank is stable but the upper part moves a bit - both bearings do). Heres a video: (Click "Edasi koduleheküljele" and then right click and "Save Target As") - its like 6 mb or sth. Adress: www.zone.ee/xzburnoutzx

Mmmmm..to much side play to me....are those bearings C3 or C4?

Anyways...once inside the crank case they won't "move" that way anymore

Last edited:
Mexicano said:
Mmmmm..to much side paly to me....are those bearings C3 or C4?

So I have nothing to worry about? Those are C4s / I think

Mexicano said:
Mmmmm..to much side paly to me....are those bearings C3 or C4?

The difference between c3 and c4 isnt visible that way...

But i also think that the play is alittle big, just try to insert it and test what happens. The carter should squeeze them into the right place.

Back