Cooling Fan Breaks

cantdrive55

So I haven't ridden much lately because my cooling fan seems to blow up on me all the time. I've gone through about 4 fans and it drives me nuts. I am using the BWS 100cc fan which is bigger than the standard to help in cooling but I think it is more susceptible to shattering.

I've got an Evo so the rpms are high but there must be some way to stop this from happening...

Advertisement - register to remove this

Oh man how much did that end up costing? I figure that would be a good solution but I was afraid that would cost a good chunk of money.

A friend of mine made a small serie, because more racers in the AC cup had the same problem. In the end they costed €150 each.

It is really not recommended to put a 100cc fan on a Evo equipped 50cc bike. The 100cc fan is optimized for a much lower rpm rate and will consume a couple of horsepower when used on a racing cylinder that makes double the revs.

You must not forget that the standard fan gives a lot more air flow when it is turning harder with the Evo cylinder. Therefore you can even lower the fins and still have enough cooling flow.
When lowering the fins, the fan will be less breakable, because the stress on the fin corners decreases.

Some pix, as I promised.

IMG_0309_1.JPG

IMG_0310_1.JPG

IMG_0311_1.JPG

IMG_0314_1.JPG

No, it was only available for a 50cc piaggio engine, because about 90% of the riders used that engine in the AC cup.

Btw, this fan is for sale. ;)

Back