Chinese Scooter mods

chazzman_bm

Hi folks,

I recently stumbled upon this site while looking for ideas for a Znen Freedom 150 scooter (ugly thing with 16" wheels).

My sister had the scoot lying around so I decided to take it and make a project out of it. The first question people ask is "why" but I usually answer "why not".

My research shows that most of the Chinese scooters use the GY6 engine (or maybe a GY6 rip off) and I'd like to build something a bit mad.

I want to do the usual, engine capacity increase (as big as possible) with all the other performance goodies to go with it with upgrades to the front and rear suspension and brakes.

Has anybody had any experience with tuning/modifying any of the 'cheap' scooters out there?

Oh, by the way, what a cool forum this is.

Advertisement - register to remove this

Hi folks,

I recently stumbled upon this site while looking for ideas for a Znen Freedom 150 scooter (ugly thing with 16" wheels).

My sister had the scoot lying around so I decided to take it and make a project out of it. The first question people ask is "why" but I usually answer "why not".

My research shows that most of the Chinese scooters use the GY6 engine (or maybe a GY6 rip off) and I'd like to build something a bit mad.

I want to do the usual, engine capacity increase (as big as possible) with all the other performance goodies to go with it with upgrades to the front and rear suspension and brakes.

Has anybody had any experience with tuning/modifying any of the 'cheap' scooters out there?

Oh, by the way, what a cool forum this is.
Where do you live bud? There are tons of GY6 mods available online in the US.

Back