BWS Big Bore Parmakit

CRP

CRP
Have any of you had much experience with the Yamaha BWS 117cc 56mm bore Parmakit? I am busy developing performance parts for these Yamaha's and am interested to know if the Parmakit works well or am i going to need to modify them?:winner:

Advertisement - register to remove this

You will have to check the Parmakit web site. I have not seen them anywhere. Just know they make them. The Malossi 124cc kit is not bad, but also needs mods and a special exhaust.

What is it exactly that you want to know.

You are developing parts for these engines, so why do you want to modify it?
Why not buy the cylinder and see?

Just wanted to know if anyone had any experience with these particular bigbore kits. Good or Bad! Why modify, because the output of the Malossi is not worth the money spent. The customer wants beter performance for the money spent, hence the need to modify. The Parmakit is cheaper, but if it works worse than the Malossi, it will definately not be worth purchasing. I was just looking for a bit of advice from someone experienced with the kits mentioned.

developing? as in designing & manufacturing tuning parts? or just modifying them for increased performance?

can't see the pics, they must be down or something so i can't give a comment.

I was not asking anyone to look at any parts, i was just interested if anyone had any experience with the Kits i mentioned. I have developed other parts for this model to work on the stock 100cc and would like to utilize the bigbore cylinders, if the cylinders will work well enough. So far the Malossi kit has been disapointing, unless modified. Obviously i should not have asked!

I don't know anyone who's used them, but from what I understand they're popular with the moped scene here in the States. Ozzie at Cycle Imports in Miami is actually beginning to carry more of the Parmakit stuff, and less Metrakit. I'm curious as to how it performs too. They don't look like the typical clone cylinders to me, though the cylinder they have for the LC Kymco engine looks just like the Airsal:

584_ocedukahki.jpg

613_qyuuwyevkh.jpg

www.parmakit.com

I'm quite curious.

~Josh

you know ozzie are you in florida ?i am in miami this is my aerox
dont know alot of people with aerox down here

Hi there,

I've met Ozzie in person a few times at shows and stuff and I've been doing business with him for around 3 1/2 years now. :) He informed me of the Parmakit parts last week.

I'm not in Florida, but in North Carolina rather.

Nice Aerox! I ride Kymco scooters.

~Josh

I was not asking anyone to look at any parts, i was just interested if anyone had any experience with the Kits i mentioned. I have developed other parts for this model to work on the stock 100cc and would like to utilize the bigbore cylinders, if the cylinders will work well enough. So far the Malossi kit has been disapointing, unless modified. Obviously i should not have asked!

No, you should ask, but you should ask the right questions. People are just interested in what your business is :)

I think they are all comparable. Big bore engines for street use have to be reliable, so expect mild timings etc.

Big B, I am a exhaust manufacturer in South Africa, but we also do a lot of engine tuning/development, mostly for racing. I agree with you regards the reliability, but the big bore kits are very expensive and we are seing 1Hp and 1N.m gains from the extra 24cc. The customers always complain because they expect more for the money. We have just build a machine with a 24 flatslide mikuni carb and still the gains we not great. I am going to build a carb kit for testing using the Dial-A-Jet system and see if this helps with the acceleration. Another thing that adds to the problem is that none of the kits i mentioned come with a head. We are always having to remachine the original heads.
I am not sure if the ignitions are limiting this engine, but for sure the power is low in the range, as we are having to run heavier rollers to get the same top speed as the piped stock motor. The 100cc auto quad engines in race trim are making 17Hp and are still very reliable, except for the gearbox of course, but this is more a problem relating to the landings from jumps. We dont have any drive train/gearbox problems with the BWS.

the problem with the BWS125cc kit from malossi is not just bcoz of low port timings but also due to the lack of port area & too high primary compression (too small crankcase volume). in order for the BWS100-132cc engines to prosper a lot of work must be done to address these problems, this is just short of redesigning the whole engine.

lets face it the BWS100 is just a compromised platform derived from the base 50cc engine design, it was first & foremost a 50cc engine was later modified from the factory to house bigger crankshafts & cylinder kits to bump up displacement to 100cc.

Yes, The malossi kit also has a shorter Piston Crown to Small-End Pin height and a shorter cylinder than the stock BWS. I see the Parmakit is the same height as the stock BWS. At least the Parmakit has beter crank case volume.

I have ground out the casings, especially on the entry of the transfer ducts in the casings, for beter flow from the reed block of the Auto Quad 100cc engines and filled the support ribs behind the variater and ignition with Devcon and had great results. 3 years and non of the epoxy has come loose in the motocross environment. We heat the epoxy with ultra violet lights and mix fine alluminium particles into it, pour it in and continue the UV heat for another half hour. These are engines based on the JOG 90. I was really hoping to avoid this with the BWS.

Have though of using a spacer between the two crank halves to increase crank case volume and also reed block cavity size.

Tiba, i am sure i remember your name from the Mac Dizzy forum? :) We have fabricated taper inlet manifolds for the quads, they have enough space for this and we run the manifolds fairly long in length tapering from 24mm to 28mm. The BWS is a problem as the manifold has to be very flat and a 24mm carb takes up a huge amount of space. I have had to make a hole in the seat box for the cable to pass through. A small hole in and a small hole out works fine as long as the cable is long enough so you can lift the seat box up to be able to remove the slide top skrews. Stil a bit of a mission!

Tiba, i am sure i remember your name from the Mac Dizzy forum? :) We have fabricated taper inlet manifolds for the quads, they have enough space for this and we run the manifolds fairly long in length tapering from 24mm to 28mm. The BWS is a problem as the manifold has to be very flat and a 24mm carb takes up a huge amount of space. I have had to make a hole in the seat box for the cable to pass through. A small hole in and a small hole out works fine as long as the cable is long enough so you can lift the seat box up to be able to remove the slide top skrews. Stil a bit of a mission!

yes i used to hangout there a long time ago before they made it into a pay site (that sucks), are you still a member in that forum?

yah i know how tight a BWS is, we got a JDM BWS100 engine & we put it in a yamaha Jog frame so i know what you guys are going through.

dsc05032dn8.jpg

dsc05033nu5.jpg

dsc05035ar3.jpg

it's running now, just started this afternoon, my brother's going to work on the lights now so we can use this during the night.

no mods though, the engine will stay purely stock, this will be our errand runner scooter.

Back