Bore & Stroke in Gilera 180 c.c.Engine

AFAIK there is a German dealer/tuner called Kübler who used a 250cc Kawasaki (or some other brand) Cross-motor cylinder on a Runner180.

Have been searching for some time now, but I can't find any pictures anymore.
Last year he contributed in the Fischereihafenrennen (called Fishtown races for foreigners) with it.

edit: Not entirely sure if that was a 180cc 2-stroke or the 200cc 4-stroke Runner.

Last edited:
Browni said:
tiba

I've already instered a link about the Fabrizi cylinder, look at the quality, it's crap, just modify a Honda NSR Athena cylinder (190cc) you need a custom made adapter), you will have much more bette performance and quality!

Or the much more cheper way is a BGM 55 mm crankshaft and a rebored and ported original cyinder with a Wösner 68 mm piston (Yamaha WR200), so you will have a 200 cc engine (I did this one).
browni how does your set up work against the malossi and polini bikes.

rydah said:
browni how does your set up work against the malossi and polini bikes.

Hard question!

What Malossi and Polini do you mean, the 175 cc version? In my opinion these maxi cilinder kits aren't a big improvements if we compare it with the original 180 cc cylinders. For a 125cc engine they are very good upgrades, but a 180 cc has a lot of potential so a new cilinder is unnecessary if you can modify the original one. Even my tuned original cylinder was much more better than a 175 cc Malossi cylinder, but this isn't special. But with a long stroke crankshaft and a bigger piston convert your scooter to a rocket. That 200cc bike is build for street usage not for race but it always surprises me.

However I can tell you even with these big displacement engines the 80cc 2fast bikes (frame bikes) are better in accelration. Here a 2fast bike (not mine, cause it's not for drag racing) can do a 7,7 sec at 1/8 mile, with a heavy 180 cc runner you cannot do this result, on 1/4 mile a big bike is the winner!.

Last edited:
i am just wondering on the performance of the 180cc engine with up grades because i have a 125cc engine. one day i want to put that into my 2000 booster. on a italian scooter forum some guys in there have 180cc piaggio engines in there boosters and that seems like a really good mod. a guy on there was supposed to make me a motor mount but he flaked out on me. i think a motor like that in a small scooter like a booster would be something nice.

hey guys, you are right.
bearings:
sorry, not all are skf. I couldn´t find any other than the new original for the crankshaft bearing. But i used a C4 SKF for gears.

i´m going to buy a fabrizi complete kit.
kit,crankshaft, and exhaust. (but i will buy malossi MHR exhaust too - just for compare)
i will use STAGE6 PWK 28mm cuz i think thah more than 30mm is too much for MHR membran.

and one question please.
I want malossi innerrotor.
but, is it better to buy a team witholz modification, or is better to do it "homemade", is it a lot of work ?
thanks for all
bye hard-core tuners.... :)

lil_b said:
hey guys, you are right.
bearings:
sorry, not all are skf. I couldn´t find any other than the new original for the crankshaft bearing. But i used a C4 SKF for gears.

i´m going to buy a fabrizi complete kit.
kit,crankshaft, and exhaust. (but i will buy malossi MHR exhaust too - just for compare)
i will use STAGE6 PWK 28mm cuz i think thah more than 30mm is too much for MHR membran.

and one question please.
I want malossi innerrotor.
but, is it better to buy a team witholz modification, or is better to do it "homemade", is it a lot of work ?
thanks for all
bye hard-core tuners.... :)

The Witholz is a quite expensive adapter kit, but easy to assemby (you won't have problem), and you will have two set of rotor it will be good for 70-and 180 cc engine too.

If you have a lathe you can make an adapter, but you need to modify your original rotor cause the 180 cc crank is bigger in diameter and cone is a little bit differenet.

Before you buy the Malossi rotor kit, if I were you I would see the other possibilites, the 2006 HPI rotor kit for 180 cc engien has two ignition map, or the PVL it isn't very expensive too.

Browni said:
The Witholz is a quite expensive adapter kit, but easy to assemby (you won't have problem), and you will have two set of rotor it will be good for 70-and 180 cc engine too.

If you have a lathe you can make an adapter, but you need to modify your original rotor cause the 180 cc crank is bigger in diameter and cone is a little bit differenet.

Before you buy the Malossi rotor kit, if I were you I would see the other possibilites, the 2006 HPI rotor kit for 180 cc engien has two ignition map, or the PVL it isn't very expensive too.

thx,
i know that HPI and PVL have something for me too, but i live in Slovakia, and i don't have chance to get it/buy it :)
so i will buy malossi innerrotor with witholz adapter...
and i will use Vforce3 minarelli not MHR :)
i hope after small modification, vforce could work properly :)
thx for all.

The SCK double cylinder (2xMalossi) maxi dragster

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dj30NTKVrMo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dj30NTKVrMo[/ame]

Seems to be nice! :)

here in the uk people like to tune bigger cc scooters alot (for the road some use 20bhp-30bhp+) and there are a few people useing 55ml crank the best exhaust you could get would be a pm tuning pm59 expensive but verry good and they have a lot more parts dedicated to the bigger cc scooters if you want to know more you can get hold of people on www.scootershack.co.uk you will find a few people who have done simaler things that can advise you what parts go well together

I know this is an old thread but just wanted to ask if its a good idea to open the original cylinder and put a wr200 membrane in it and fit it with a wossner or wiseco 68 piston to use a bgm 55 crankshaft? Would it be enough of an improvement or would i need malossi vario as well? Thanks

Back