Blown Fan

HaHa. I see you have been busy. Nice big carters and nice pictures.
What's the lobe diameter of the 47mm crank ?
And have you figured out if you have to use base spacers or machine the top?

I agree with JJ. I'd chuck the oil pump and the starter. I know that its a pain to pre-mix and kick start. But...

BTW. You are the only guy that I know that does dinning room mechanics with a white shirt. Mind you, the motor looks so clean that you could eat on it.

Last edited:
jep buts its more pain if u must buy a (again) crank.
And for the cool fan use an orginal piaggio one and take 1 ore 2 mm off of it.

Astrolopitec said:
HaHa. I see you have been busy. Nice big carters and nice pictures.
What's the lobe diameter of the 47mm crank ?
And have you figured out if you have to use base spacers or machine the top?

I agree with JJ. I'd chuck the oil pump and the starter. I know that its a pain to pre-mix and kick start. But...

BTW. You are the only guy that I know that does dinning room mechanics with a white shirt. Mind you, the motor looks so clean that you could eat on it.

Juan:

The lobe diameter is 76 m.m.

I'll use a 0.020" base gasket and it would be about 9.5:1 CR.

I will give a try to the starter and oil pump...you know...I'm a kind of bull headed guy!

ha,ha,ha,...dining room mechanic...right!.....I don't have enough room at my workshop place so I use the dining room.

Regards,

J J Tuning said:
jep buts its more pain if u must buy a (again) crank.
And for the cool fan use an orginal piaggio one and take 1 ore 2 mm off of it.

What kind of piaggio fan?..have a part number or specific model?

Thanks!

O.k My engine is up and runing again guys! and need your advise now:

It feels very strong (wants to do wheles!) at 9,000 r.p.m but at 10,450 r.p.m.the power drops and the engine hears overreving....I'm using 3.6 grs. rollers, should I use heaviers?

Thanks!

The New TAZ

DSC00441.jpg

DSC00442.jpg

DSC00443.jpg

The front brake Teflon/Stainless Steel hose:
DSC00446.jpg

I will install a DOPLER front fork soon!

It's better to remove the "tube" on your cooling fan, it ruins the correct function because of too much air ;).

BTW. Yes my english is crap

RobinL said:
It's better to remove the "tube" on your cooling fan, it ruins the correct function because of too much air ;).

BTW. Yes my english is crap

Which "ube" do you mean?..the Air Intake at the fan cover?

I think he is refering to the PVC type tube you have on the crank driven fan. The ram-air effect ruins the way the air goes over the cylinder in a controlled way.

Mexicano,
I bet your neighbors really freakin' love you now! lol :)

Anyway, is your OEM crank the same one that is in the US-spec Vento Triton R4 (49cc)? I've sold Keli Variators for those scoots.

As always, I enjoy your threads and the great job of photo-taking you do for us. Good luck with the new Taz.

scootertrog

$aint said:
Looking good!

That's the one for an Aerox/Nitro isn't it?
Does it have any more external adjustment possibilities?

$aint: Yes, it is for Aerox!

As far as I know, the only adjustment you can do is with the red knob (harder or softer), and instruction sheet said that you can use thicker oil if harder effect is desired.

Regards,

Last edited:
scootertrog said:
Mexicano,
I bet your neighbors really freakin' love you now! lol :)

Anyway, is your OEM crank the same one that is in the US-spec Vento Triton R4 (49cc)? I've sold Keli Variators for those scoots.

As always, I enjoy your threads and the great job of photo-taking you do for us. Good luck with the new Taz.

scootertrog

scootertrog: my neighbors want to kill me every time I use my scoot..but I don't mind at all !

I'm not sure if it's the same or not..my crank is 16 m.m. splines, Jog90 type, small rotor style.

Thanks for your comments!

Mexicano said:
As far as I know, the only adjustment you can do is with the red knob (harder or softer), and instruction sheet said that you can use thicker oil if harder effect is desired.

Regards,
OK, that's a pity, else it would have been a nice alternative to the expensive Malossi Forks. It does look quiet good though :)

Like Melf said it will probable ony adjust the spring preload, or does the manual state something else?

Mexicano said:
I'm not sure if it's the same or not..my crank is 16 m.m. splines, Jog90 type, small rotor style.
Your stock crank should have been a Jog90 style 42mm crank. The 49cc Triton sold in the USA and other places is a regular 39.2mm crank but still the Jog90 style with the larger 16mm crank splines. One difference though is that yours seemed to have the small taper rotor while most and the 49cc's are the larger taper rotor.

Back