Big Comparation GT Racing Performances [English]

Lutzeddu ITALY

Hi, I’m an Italian boys, I don’t know your language, so I write in English, infact sorry for my bad language….

In this thread, I would speak with you about some of the most power GT racing for Minarelli Engine.
These are the GT…

Malossi MHR Team
MalossiMHRTeam.jpg

Polini Evolution
PoliniEvo2.jpg

Hebo Manston Racing 2
HeboManstonRacing2.jpg

Metrakit Pro Race 2
MetrakitProRace2.jpg

TJT Kit 70cc Minarelli Scooter LC COMPETITION
TJT.jpg

Now, I would know to you, all about these Cilinder, to do a comparation.
So:
Who is the most power in absolute???
Who is the best in the low RPM???
Can you put they in order from the low power to the high???
There are other GT that HAVE NEED TO DO THE ENLARGE of the entrance of the Carter as well Malossi MHR Team???

Insert also comments about the performances of they, based to personal experience.

If you know any other Cilinder that have big performances, please say me here.

Please sorry my bad English, but also you answer in that language.

Thanks, bye

Advertisement - register to remove this

What do you mean with GT?

Unfortunately the topic is quiet useless, because you can't say anything about a separate cylinder, you will always have to look @ the complete setup.

GT means in italian GRUPPO TERMICO, is the Cylinder...

we lutzeddu... anke te qua?? XD

the question that he made is the same that was in my mind... what is the best cylinder in the universe of scooter...
probably i will buy the MAnston... but it's so expensive... so one my idea was to buy the MK pro race 2... but i wanna know what is better...
:)
my setup will be , C21 ,28pwk with stage6 filter , evolution transmission and gear... and one cylinder between hebo and Mk...

tu lutzeddu con cosa lo monteresti uno di quei GT ?

Weeeeeee Satanasso, certo che il mondo è piccolo eh!!!

Hi, I know that is important all the setup of the scooter, but now I don't buy any cilinder and I haven't any scooter, too.

Although that, my setup will be like Satanasso.

But the most power is the MHR Team or the Hebo Manston????
I do this question because seem that the others are down of them....

Ciaoooooo!!!

OK, well simply put with almost all of the cylinders that are mentioned here decent dyno-scores have been achieved.

The problem is that most of the time they have at least been mildly tuned, so you can't use them to compare them.

i have been using the MHR TEAM for quite a while now & out of the box it's fast, tuned & it's even faster in the right hands but the MK PR2 has also great potential for power 'coz i did set-up an MK PR2 for a customer & i was impressed by it's performance (it also proved it's wortyyh here by winning this years' 70cc scooter class trophy by beating an entire field of MHR Team equipped Yamaha jogs). i was also surprised to find the EVO has also the same design exhaust as the PR2 but what i like about the EVO is it's large transfer port area. the Manston 2 cilinders' ports are almost exact clone of the MHR team except it has very high port timings of any production cilinder kit, i had a portmap done years ago on another forum but what turns me off about the manston is it's nikasil is of poor quality. the TJT is unknown to us but it's a copy of the 7transfer MHR TEAM for the Piaggio so it has great potential as well but the exhaust port to pipe flange in the picture prohibits it from using pipes from other manufacturers.

currently my set-up has full MHR Team spec parts, OKO28 carb (polished bore), KOSO manifold (fully ported) with a Yasuni C21 pipe & as i hoped it ran better with the C21 by beating my previous best time by .2seconds & doing it consistently run after run. i did tune the the exhaust & transfers as required by the pipe it took me quite a while to dial it all in but it was very worth it (i almost gave up on the C21) this combination rocks! it ran best with the ignition timing retarded from what Malossi recommends & 24,6g total roller weight.

if i were to rate the these cilinders the MHR Team, MK PR2 & EVO2 are on the top of my list 'coz they are proven brands, should Malossi produce a 7transfer MHR team kit for the Minarelli i could be swayed to buy it but if they don't i think i'll try the EVO2 or PR2 'coz i like a new challenge.

Lutzeddu ITALY said:
Hi, I’m an Italian boys, I don’t know your language, so I write in English, infact sorry for my bad language….

In this thread, I would speak with you about some of the most power GT racing for Minarelli Engine.
These are the GT…

Now, I would know to you, all about these Cilinder, to do a comparation.
So:
Who is the most power in absolute???
Who is the best in the low RPM???
Can you put they in order from the low power to the high???
There are other GT that HAVE NEED TO DO THE ENLARGE of the entrance of the Carter as well Malossi MHR Team???

Insert also comments about the performances of they, based to personal experience.

If you know any other Cilinder that have big performances, please say me here.

Please sorry my bad English, but also you answer in that language.

Thanks, bye

In general case the MHR Speed is the most powerful cylinder and it's very good quality, in mz opinion the Polini EVO is better quality but not as powerful as the MHR but it has got more power at the bottom, so it has got a quite wide powerband. I saw the MK Pro Race II, but I don't know if it's really powerful or not (it seems too be very good with the rotax style exhaust ports), but I know the Hebo Manston II (I used it). It has got the most highest port timings, with huge exhaust port, so it is very poor at the bottom/middle rpm, and has a lot HPs at only very high rpm, and it needs a very high octane rate fuel! However it's NiKaSil quality is still very very poor!

I recommend you the MHR Speed or the new Evo cylinder with the 3 exhaust port!

Where does the 2fast-for-race cylinder fall in this group? I've never seen it in person, but for the money they want for it, it must be quite good.

scootertrog said:
Where does the 2fast-for-race cylinder fall in this group? I've never seen it in person, but for the money they want for it, it must be quite good.

The 2fast kit is a little bit different and it's not allowed on scooter racing cause it's bigger than 70 cc. It's concurrency is the Athena 80 cc kit, or the Fabrizi kit, the Simoni stroker kit and maybe the Italkit (but ist's not very powerful)!

We use this 2fast kit on a hobby bike, and it's verye good, but it's NiKaSil is very very thin, so you can use only one size piston, it can't be honed!

I know very well 2fast, here in Italy some people had adapted 2fast in carter Minarelli.
80cc Athena is much down than the 2fast, and also than the Fabrizi FHT and Simonini.

25hp are possible with 2fast, Massimo tedeschi with is motor have a power over 28 hp, but He is the father of that cilinder, He know all the secrets.

Back