Big bore issues

sogascoot

hi i recently installed a big bore kit on my 50cc diamo 2 stroke and after everything was done the top speed was only increased by about 5mph and the acceleration was terrible from 0-15 and then was like a rocket from 15-25 and then was a gradual increase from 25-45ish. the gas consumption is crazy! if you have any ideas i would greatly appreciate it!

i used the kit a modcyclescorp dot com under powerpacks, and its the powerpack.

Advertisement - register to remove this

try lighter rollers, to get the engine in the power, before the belt moves up the variator pulley. Then move to upjetting the carb to suit the increase in capacity, and lastly you would benefit from a more 70cc dedicated exhaust, if you do go for an exhaust you may need to lighten the rollers further and upjet the main jet further, so fit first.

If you do the above, no doubt your speed will increase, but without changing the gear box ratios, not dramatically..................and to get the true benefit of a gear up kit, you need to do quite a lot to increase power, usually a larger carb and mid-race cylinder.

Last edited:
hey, so far on it i have 75cc big bore kit, racing exhaust, 5g rollers, 1000 rpm clutch spring, 1500 rpm jog spring , and put bigger jets in the carb, and i am running a no rev cdi box.

Back