This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Beta Ark - how to tune IT !?

Begemot

Recently bought KTM ARK K LC scooter, removed one ring (other still there) from the variator, want to make it run fast& dynamic at least 80 km/ph (now 70) without any serious tunig, i mean, not usunig tuning parts, cos it`s a kind of problem in my country, could you help out how ?

(sorry for english in this forum,but it is the only langguage i know

Check if there's a "narrowing" at the point where your exaust is mounted to your cilinder. If there is wreck it out with a screwdriver (not the drink...) and your Ark wil go about 80 km'h. I believe that here we call your scoot "Beta" ark.

If there's no "narrowing" in your excaust you can change your "vario" , with an Malossi one. This won't be visible from the outside of your scoot.

Cya.

mzzzl

Originally posted by Begemot:
cos it`s a kind of problem in my country, could you help out how ?

(sorry for english in this forum,but it is the only langguage i know

Engels is koel

I'd like to help you but i don't know the english terms

Xerious: hij zegt toch net dat hij geen spullen kan krijgen voor zen scoot.

De hroet'n!

[This message has been edited by Red Bastard (edited 20 June 2001).]

Originally posted by Xerious:
If there's no "narrowing" in your excaust you can change your "vario" , with an Malossi one. This won't be visible from the outside of your scoot.

Thanks to everyone I understood and not (still trying to read
)!

May be there is some way to modify electric parts ? (sorry, terms are really a difficult part
)

The problem not in the look of a scoot and braking any laws , but problem is in getting this parts in Ukraine because of a high price for transportation

Do what Xerious said. This will make your Ark run better and faster. If you ever have the oportunity, buy yourself a 70cc cilinder or another exhaust. Cool that there are also scootfans in teh Ukrain
You're the first real foreigner here (the Belgians don't count
).

Good luck with your Ark and have fun

Take this advice, make your next holliday trip to the netherlands, and go to a beta dealer orso.

And if you de-restrict your exhaust, most of the time you will need a bigger spray pipe (hehe dont know the englisch word for it, its in the carburator).

Replace the main jet in the carburettor with one 2-4 sizes bigger when you remove the restrictor out of your exhaust manifold.

Originally posted by AndroX:
http://www.tranexp.com:2000/InterTran Here you can translate dutch to english so people can talk in dutch... (misschien een idee? - just a idea?)

I tried to translate phrase:
"tering man dat engels is nog niet makkelijk..." - it translated it in russian like that: [double pneumonia with leathal ending the husband who English be yet no fun.]
Wildness...but still fun

Exhaust - fine, will see what I can do about it. But, by changing the size of carburator pipe i automaticly need to change smth. in clutch (transmission ??!!), as far as I understand, not to make engine die before it`s time ?
By the way, word "carburator" even sounds the same in russian or ukrainian as in english.

Coming to netherlands is a kind of my dream, may be this summer, I don't even want to think of it before everything'll be clear enough

first foreigner, you say, I'll explaine how i got here - easilly - there are no any other pages or forums in the Net that have any mentioning about Beta Ark

In Ukraine, the scooterfans are just starting to grow, but despite the majority using 5-10 years old japaneese scoots, things are going in rignt direction - there is 400% more scooters in Kiev (capital) compared to last yaear.

OK, the phrase: tering man dat engels is nog niet makkelijk, is a typical example of something you can't translate with a dictionary. Something like translating: "Shit, I fucked up an exam". You will only translate it correctly if you know the language. Here's the translation: Damn, english is hard one to understand. (or something like that)

Exhaust - fine, will see what I can do about it. But, by changing the size of carburator pipe i automaticly need to change smth. in clutch (transmission ??!!), as far as I understand, not to make engine die before it`s time ?

What you mean by this isn't very clearly to me...

Coming to netherlands is a kind of my dream, may be this summer, I don't even want to think of it before everything'll be clear enough

Yep, all foreigners want to know about the Netherlands especially about the Wallen and the soft drugs policy

Aha, but you're sure about the fact that the're NO scootershops/dealers or something. How did you get your Beta Ark ??????

Forget about carburator and clutch

Originally posted by Sugadaddy:
Aha, but you're sure about the fact that the're NO scootershops/dealers or something. How did you get your Beta Ark ??????

There are some motoshops here, but as I said before prices are wild for a secondhand machines.
Simply, telephoned one man, and he got Beta from Germany

Netherlands...ahhh..
8)

Sorry, but if you haven't got any chance to buy yourself some tuningparts the only thing you can do to make your KTM run faster is to remove the restrictors as some of the guys here already mentioned.

Best regards,

Arne

Whenever you're coming to Holland , just let us know and maybe we can help you out with the kind of/sort of parts you need/want......
And then we can also mention the "normal" prices...so you won't get ripped-off........(not that the Dutch people aren't honest
)
Good luck.

Thanks a lot people !!! I never could even expect such a heartwarming "welkomstgroet"!

("gastherzens" - german) heartwarming welcome - english

If you are coming to Holland anyway why shouldn't you visit the next up coming scooter meeting?

Anyway with your visit scooterz.nl is going international!

Regards,