Best Mid Race cylinder?

Shot can do, but it won't give al the performance (except for the DUE+, shot + DP is a great combo). C16 is one of the best for SP2 and S6r.

So Ill keep my Shot and buy a new TP with a modular head? Will it run well with this setup and if not what do I have to change?

Gianelli Shot
Malossi MHR Crank
Dellorto 21mm
Malossi Red Sponge do i need an open air filter?
Doppler S2R manifold
BGM PRO reeds
Malossi Fly clutch
Athena variator
C4 bearings
Polini Air Speed front pulley
Malossi Speedbell

Your set up is one of the most common street use setups in holland, and it will go fast.

Don't know if there are performance differences between the 2 DP's. Think that the one with modular head is better with losing its heat, so in theory it can take higher rpm's. But I guess the timings are the same, so take the cheaper one ;)

Another question about TP Due Plus. Is it an iron or an aluminium cylinder. In www.sip-scootershop.com it says that its aluminium, but on pictures it seems like an iron one. Anyone know it for shure?

30uz983.jpg

I have to change rings every 1000? :S What about the Metrakit SP2 is it the same thing about the rings?

My zip is fitted with a SP2, my story is when we installed it I used redline racing 2T on it, however it is a little bit thick (viscosity) so after 7 km of running it did seized, overheat and it stop.

We did disassemble it, took out the cylinder and the piston kit. clean it out, and we still Installed the same piston and ring in the same cylinder SP2. change the oil to Repsol Competition 2T and up to now it runs good, it went 3 long trips, i use it daily, a trackday. and it still starts with one push of the button.

since that day it covered more than 1400kms and still its running pretty good. If you are familiar with the speedometer of the ZIP SP the one with 80kmh. My Zip can go up to the 3rd digit of the odometer and im a 180lbs guy.

With my experience i wouldnt recommend any cast iron cylinders. If you are gonna spend... spend it wisely.

oil wont be thick after you mix it in the proper ratio. If you used too much, you effectively lean you jetting. I use the same oil and have had no problems. Sounds like you had poor tuning.

oil wont be thick after you mix it in the proper ratio. If you used too much, you effectively lean you jetting. I use the same oil and have had no problems. Sounds like you had poor tuning.

Im using the stock oil pump in my zip since im not racing it, and yes the redline racing 2T has a thicker viscosity compared to repsol racing 2T

The Airsal is a good cilinder. Think it can be compared with the Due+.
The performance is somewhere inbetween of the Stage6 Sport pro and Stage6 Racing. So 12-13BHP is possible. Exhaust tip: Giannelli shot or Yasuni C16.

It has a bridged exhaust port, so higher wear on the rings. But since this cilinder isn't that high revving, this shouldn't be a problem.
In the past these Airsal's had a poor finishing. If you buy it, take a good look at the ports. If necesary, bring it to a tuner to have it finished.

The Airsal is a good cilinder. Think it can be compared with the Due+.
The performance is somewhere inbetween of the Stage6 Sport pro and Stage6 Racing. So 12-13BHP is possible. Exhaust tip: Giannelli shot or Yasuni C16.

It has a bridged exhaust port, so higher wear on the rings. But since this cilinder isn't that high revving, this shouldn't be a problem.
In the past these Airsal's had a poor finishing. If you buy it, take a good look at the ports. If necesary, bring it to a tuner to have it finished.

Well if I compare it with Corsa. Is it better? I want my bike to pull better than with Corsa so if not then Ill have to take sth else.

Well if I compare it with Corsa. Is it better? I want my bike to pull better than with Corsa so if not then Ill have to take sth else.

As the TP is also some 12bhp I am having serious doubts about buying it. Perhaps still SPII or S6r but will Shot or Yasuni R work with those cylinders.

Last edited:
SP2 and S6r are a bit to high reving for a shot or yas r. If you want one of those exhausts, I would go for the airsal, DP+ or even a S6 Sport Pro.

I ordered a Hebo Manston Replica( and a spare ring), and Im planning to buy a C16 or a C21. Is there a difference between the two with my cylinder?

Could you tell me how should I brake it in for daily use? Like cast iron cylinders(500km) or differently.

Manston rep doesn't realy need to break in. Just take it easy the first time. Let it run idle for some 5min, turn it of and let it cool down and repeat about 3 times. Then let it heat up to about 45° (Celcius ;) ) and make a short relaxed run (don't let it get to hot). Do this a couple of times and your off :)

Just let it heat it up every time and take it easy until it's about 50-60°, then you can go full throttle.

C16 is fine, C21 is to high reving.

But I wonder. Why the Manston rep? The stage6 racing is much cheaper, and even a bit faster.
A stnd manston rep is about as fast as a airsal ;) I just has more tuning potention.

Manston rep. is slower than Stage 6? As I understood they were exactly the same as Athena and Stage 6. If so then im changing my order, because it hasnt been payed for yet. Well if you had Hebo Manston Replica and Stage 6 Racing. Basically the same price. Which one would you choose and why?

Back