Best Mid Race cylinder?

What is the RPM power range that you get the 16 BPH?

Frank
IMG4074s1140814481.JPG

This might be handy ;)
edit: about 7700 RPM at highest power

Last edited:
i dont hear a difference in noise between running at 11k and 13k.

If you look at the dynos for Team MHR they make peak hp at just under 12k rpms. Throw on a C16 and the dyno looks just like the mid-race rpms you are looking for at 16hp. So stick with what you have becuase it is perfectly what you want. 10k rpm max power, 16 hp.

highend-r14-r12-c16-c20.gif

i dont hear a difference in noise between running at 11k and 13k.

If you look at the dynos for Team MHR they make peak hp at just under 12k rpms. Throw on a C16 and the dyno looks just like the mid-race rpms you are looking for at 16hp. So stick with what you have becuase it is perfectly what you want. 10k rpm max power, 16 hp.

highend-r14-r12-c16-c20.gif

Aloha, I refer to scooter attack dynos a lot myself. I would rather have a cylinder tuned at 10k and having the Yas16 match to it. Here we have a higher revving cylinder mismatched to the lower revving Yas16.

frank

Last edited:
Aloha, thanks, this is more what I expect from a sports cylinder. Amazing you can get 16 pk at such low revs. Which pipe did you have for this test?

frank

This is from an Yamaha Aerox with Stage6 racing, Yasuni C16, Malossi MHR Overrange etc.

Not my scooter btw ;)

thats a crazy dyno. How would you tune a bike to run 7000-9000 rpms with a pipe that revs mid 11s? Seems like you'd be in over-rev all the time and not making any power. Wonder how much better the power could be with a pipe that makes more power at 7000 rather unlike the c16 which makes it power closer to mid 10s-11k.

Your clutch springs would be as weak as stock to start at 4000 rpms.

thats a crazy dyno. How would you tune a bike to run 7000-9000 rpms with a pipe that revs mid 11s? Seems like you'd be in over-rev all the time and not making any power. Wonder how much better the power could be with a pipe that makes more power at 7000 rather unlike the c16 which makes it power closer to mid 10s-11k.

Your clutch springs would be as weak as stock to start at 4000 rpms.
Imo you're right. Don't think that those RPM's on the dynochart are correct.
A have an other chart of S6-r with C16 and it peak's 14,8 bhp at 10225 RPM

Yes the rpms are impossible for the Yas16. Starting power at 4000 rpm is more like a very long muffler, and the power of 16 pk or ps is impossible with that setup. I wonder how the dyno chart was made?
frank

on minarelli, take s6 racing or metrakit sp02.. about exhausts.. for stock s6 racing r1200 and for tunned r1400.. metrakit produces only 1-2 hp less than s6 racing..

Aloha, I am comparing my stock Malossi MHR Replica with my "Tuned" MHR Replica. I feel all around the Stock Replica is a better cylinder to drive in the city.
Pluses and minuses for the Stock MHR Replica.
1: much more torque
2: quieter and less rpm/noise in the city
3: Power starts at 8200rpm

Pluses and minuses for the Tuned MHR Replica.
1: Less bottom end (but will get it back with stiffer clutch springs)
2: more top end power but does not replace the torque lost from stock
3: power starts at 9500rpm.
4: when cruising rpms drop out of the power range easily.

BTW I am using a 42mm stroke with head machined out for the 1.4 mm height difference so I have 1.4mm more bottom end power.

What power rpm range is the metrakit 2 tuned for?
I would be looking for a cylinder with very large ports and with low durations.

frank

Where is the Metrakit SP2 on sale in the internet shops and what about Top Performance Due Plus with a Modular head. I always have thought thats a good one. Ideas about the Due Plus+Modular head.

Whats the difference between Polini Corsa and a casual Top Performance Due Plus. Im planning on switching my Corsa for a Due Plus. Due Plus should go 12000rpm and Corsa only 10000rpm any ideas and thoughts? I want a cylinder that lasts no that it pull for some 1000km like hell and then fades away. Ive also been thinking about Stage 6 Racing. Thoughts please? Or recommend others for lets say about 180 euro.

For les than 180euro I would choose the S6 racing. Good performance at low low prices ;) And spare parts, like pistons, are realy cheap!

edit: however, I don't know if you can run a 1000km with the S6r without changing the pistonrings, but then again: they are realy cheap!

I don't know if you have to change the rings every 1000km, but the S6r has a bridged exhaust port, which means more wear on the rings.

SP2 has a bit less power, but is very relieble! It has an oval exhaust port with boost ports, thus less wear on the rings.
Imo it is the best choice if you want the most power for street use, with not to much wear and maintenance!
Other cilinders with oval exhaust port (except voor high end cilinders like EVO2 and PR2) don't give as much power as the SP2, not even the TP Due Plus.

The best midrace cylinder will be the Stage6 Racing 70cc LC, and that cylinder
have a normal price too. And if you tune that cylinder, it will have a enormus
effect. (If you compeed with any cylinder)

What pipe would make good performance with a Stage 6 Racing, Due Plus or Sp II. I have a Gianelli Shot, do I need a more high revving one and which one?

Back