axle sizes between aerox 50 and aerox 100

str8dum

Basically i need to know if you can swap the rear wheels between the two. I have an aerox 50 clone with a drum brake like an aerox 100 and needed to figure out what size axle an aerox 100 (or its clone ) has.

Thanks!

Advertisement - register to remove this

The part for the gearset that includes the rear axle is not the same for both scooters. I think the 100 version is thicker. But I think the newest engines are changing a little, so I'm not 100%

It's so that a mina 100 engine uses a drum rear brake. The 50 engine has a brake disc. There for it just cannot fit :)

Edit: Or do you want to put an aerox100 rim on an other SD engine (with drum brake)?
Then it's a matter of having the same rear axle.

str8dum said:
Basically i need to know if you can swap the rear wheels between the two. I have an aerox 50 clone with a drum brake like an aerox 100 and needed to figure out what size axle an aerox 100 (or its clone ) has.

Thanks!

i have your answer:

the aerox 100 wheel will fit the rear of ur zuma.

it's exactly the same size for the drum brake and the axle is the same.

I'm a 100% sure of what i'm saying.

uaretheidiot said:
i have your answer:

the aerox 100 wheel will fit the rear of ur zuma.

it's exactly the same size for the drum brake and the axle is the same.

I'm a 100% sure of what i'm saying.

the pre bug has a smaller drum brake, but the bug-eye is the same as the aerox 100 drum

yeah 2005 bugeye zumas have 130mm rear drum. so should fit I suppose. I just bought new tires so no rush to get bigger rims now anyhow.

Cruz_e_Silva said:
Zuma until 2004 (don't know new zuma's) has 110mm drum like Rally and Neos and Aerox100 has 130mm drum...they are diferent....And also wheel axles...

People, he asks about axle size, so he means the front wheel. I know aerox's have a 10mm axle and (some)other Minarelli engined scooters a 12mm axle.

The aerox 100 uses a modified minarelli crankcase and the reardrum of all minarelli engines that fit a wheel with drumbrake, have a 110mm drumbrake.

so all drumbraked wheels should be interchangable. (of course 13" wheels on a 10" scooter like the Aprilia Sonice won't fit)(but will if it uses fat tyres on that 10" wheels, like 120/90-10 for example. Still with me?)

I actually meant rear wheel axle size (that splined shaft). The front wheel is 10mm on Aerox 50, Aerox 100, zuma, bws etc. Older drum brake models used a 110mm drum. New models such as our US zumas use a 130 drum. I just was curious if the axle size that rear wheel sits on is the same for all 130mm drum wheels. Because the axle between the 110mm and 130mm drum wheels is different.

Thanks

Folkert@MinaRally said:
People, he asks about axle size, so he means the front wheel. I know aerox's have a 10mm axle and (some)other Minarelli engined scooters a 12mm axle.

The aerox 100 uses a modified minarelli crankcase and the reardrum of all minarelli engines that fit a wheel with drumbrake, have a 110mm drumbrake.

so all drumbraked wheels should be interchangable. (of course 13" wheels on a 10" scooter like the Aprilia Sonice won't fit)(but will if it uses fat tyres on that 10" wheels, like 120/90-10 for example. Still with me?)

str8dum said:
I actually meant rear wheel axle size (that splined shaft). The front wheel is 10mm on Aerox 50, Aerox 100, zuma, bws etc. Older drum brake models used a 110mm drum. New models such as our US zumas use a 130 drum. I just was curious if the axle size that rear wheel sits on is the same for all 130mm drum wheels. Because the axle between the 110mm and 130mm drum wheels is different.

Thanks

Must be new. Are these Minarelli engines too? Because so far they've always used 110mm drums.

Yeah horozontal min. The US Zuma seems to be combination of parts form all yamaha lines. If they were 110mm drums it would be easy to get the 12"BWs OEM rims as well. AT least the aerox100 should fit then.

Folkert@MinaRally said:
Must be new. Are these Minarelli engines too? Because so far they've always used 110mm drums.

str8dum said:

Thanks

I garantee you that the rear whell from an aerox 100 will fit your bugeye. Trust me.

You could even put an aerox 50 rear wheel, and ipgrade to rear disc.

but the 110mm drum wheel won't fit at all

Back