[ask] What do you think of Chinese scooters?

rico_123

Hi guys, I am doing a final thesis on marketing new brand of Chinese scooters in Benelux now. I would like to know what are your thoughts about Chinese scooters? expectations, advantage, disadvantage, is it risky to buy a chinese scooter, how are chinese scooters compared to other scooters, what are the leading brands, and what do you think is important in marketing chinese scooters in Benelux especially Holland. All opinions are accepted, thanks in advance

Eric

Advertisement - register to remove this

advantages
there are no advantages to buying a Chinese scooter.

what are the leading brands
I dont think there are any.

and what do you think is important in marketing chinese scooters in Benelux especially Holland
An important marketing item for Chinese scooters no matter where you sell them has to be quality and a REAL warrantee comparable to that which the currently legitimate brands offer. Until they show the market that they can produce a scooter that does not rattle apart and is backed by the manufacturer for defects, then they will not be taken seriously.

chinese made scooters break down............ frequently. if it isn't the engine it's the electricals, trust me our country is flooded with chinese made knock-offs, warranty is non existent & spare parts is hard to get even in mainland china.

so far the only reputable chinese brand is zongshen, btw there are 4 motorcycle manufacturing plants in china but there are a lot of brands, they all just buy from them & just slap on a sticker of their own name.

chinese made scooters break down............ frequently. if it isn't the engine it's the electricals, trust me our country is flooded with chinese made knock-offs, warranty is non existent & spare parts is hard to get even in mainland china.

so far the only reputable chinese brand is zongshen, btw there are 4 motorcycle manufacturing plants in china but there are a lot of brands, they all just buy from them & just slap on a sticker of their own name.

Have you ever heard of a brand called Baotian? if so, what do you think about it? cus this new company buys scooter from Baotian and sell it under its own name. The difference is, the new company I am doing my final thesis buys 1st class quality scooter from Baotian while Baotian sells its 2nd quality scooters in Holland due to focusing in price advantage.

Baotian could be any of the 4 motorcycle plants in China or even one of numerous brands getting their bikes from those plants, it doesn't matter what the brand name is quality is much less the same as there's no quality control.

there are at least 20 brands of chinese motorcycles here in the Philippines & still growing, teh names are different but you can see they all come from the same manufacturer, chinese don't engineer their own design they imitate heavily from the big 4 japanese companies & a few italians like aprilia.

Baotian could be any of the 4 motorcycle plants in China or even one of numerous brands getting their bikes from those plants, it doesn't matter what the brand name is quality is much less the same as there's no quality control.

We import fasteners and hardware from China and other pacific rim countries and the complain is always price too high or quality is crap. Problem is if you want better quality and run to tighter tolerances there are more rejects or more time is needed to set up the manufacturing equipment. Therefore the costs are higher. If you accept looser tolerances there are less rejects and you have higher production and spend less time setting equipment up.

It is no different regardless if it is a simple screw or bolt or "tight" tolerance item like a motorized vehicle. Tight tolerances cost more.

Back