Aprillia SR50 with dr 70 bigbore kit probs

billy_tlr

hi i got an aprillia sr 50 stealth watercooled version a while back i bought a dr70 bigbore kit and a leovince RS exhaust also i upjetted to 90 on the main that was fine everything in the garden was rosey BUT the other day i got a crack in the exhaust so i bought a leovicie ZX expantion exhaust now it runs like a bag of spanners at low revs up to about 5000rpm then it is like a rocket thats on the stand when i ride it it dont rev above like 4000rpm and it would not pull the skin off a rice pudding also i had the 4,3gram rollers and the massoly yellow springs that came with both exhausts any ideas guys ? :/

and i aslo have removed the silly funnel restrictor in the exhaust

Advertisement - register to remove this

First the exhaust ain't great...you will get a lot better performance with another pipe. Check if your rollers are worn and I also advise another vario since the stock vario is a pos.

billy_tlr said:
i also have removed the silly funnel restrictor in the exhaust

Look again, the entire pipe is a restrictor :)
Leovince exhausts look like normal pipes on the outside but there's a lot of stuff on the inside that's not supposed to be there. They are filled with sound dampening material. Usually this works similar to the restrictor that you've removed if you mount the pipe on a 70cc kit.
Dump it and get a real exhaust.

Back