Answers please

mattygrc

i have been browsing scooter attack for some parts for my speedfight.
1. would the bike pass MOT if it has high end racing parts?
2. would it pass MOT with 70cc bore kit even if im 16?
any help would be brilliant
also
a list of best parts to buy for a speedfight 2 LC to make it do about 70mph :)
please
thanks matty grc

Advertisement - register to remove this

yeh it will go through an mot with tuning parts on , all they are looking at is tyres , brake , lights etc so it should be fine , as for a setup id go for somethink like this .

Stage6 sport pro 70 kit / Hebo manston rep 70 kit
Stage6 pro exhaust
Stage6 R/T pwk 24mm carb
Stage 6 intake system
Polini eco variator kit
Malossi fly clutch with some stronger springs
Stage6 clutch bell
Stage6 primary gear up kit
Stage6 cdi
open air filter (malossi,stage6 etc)

also your going to have to get some jets , rollers .

there are other parts which would make your bike faster but i think this setup would be the best compremise between speed / money , also where abouts in england you from?
.nick

If you want speed reliability and pay lil less they the setup above
instead of getting that stage6 pro or the hebo manston go for the mhr replica. Mhr replica has 2 piston rings which will make it much more reliable then the hebo manston n there will be lest frequent piston ring changing. Also that 24mm carb isn't necessary. Try gettin a 21mm dellorto carb it's cheaper and will proally output just as good as the 24 on your setup. Also the cdi isnt necessary as the kits listed above n what i have mentioned dont hit the rpms the limiter kicks in even when there tuned.

at the end if you feel u can spend some more money on performance parts i highly suggest getting a torque driver and/or malossi yellow contra spring.

but buying a mhr rep would not be cheaper as the sport pro kits are much less , but reliability would be better with the mhr rep ( just a case off wether you want to pay more money for it , or change the ring every so often on the sport pro and have more power ) also carbs are really up to you as there not much to be gained from 21mm -24mm it was just personal peference me recomending you the 24mm as a few firends have run them on sport pro s .
and wouldnt he need the stage6 cdi unit to reach over 8500rpm ( i think this is where the restricter is on the standard cdi units ?) if so i centainly recomend one as a firends sport pro use to rev to 12500rpm.

.nick

@nick
I though those bikes restrictors kicked in at about 12k. But if it really is around 8k then i take that back about the ss6 cdi.
I was thinking of the setup being cheaper in whole. Yes the cylinder cost more but going subtracting the cdi n smaller carb should have brought the price down.

Last edited:
thanks for help i would probally go for mhr rep kit, reliability the one really, i was thinking of a yasuni c30 pipe would that work and if its stamped with not for highway use would MOT pick up on it?

Back