Aftermarket Front Forks for Yamaha Jog

MrBenelli

10sec Racing
Are there any aftermarket front forks for the yamaha jog? I've heard of a front fork set made by showa for the jog... where can i find information on these forks and does anyone have any experience with these forks? Also are there any other companies that make after market front suspension for the jog or the benelli?

Advertisement - register to remove this

MrBenelli said:
Are there any aftermarket front forks for the yamaha jog? I've heard of a front fork set made by showa for the jog... where can i find information on these forks and does anyone have any experience with these forks? Also are there any other companies that make after market front suspension for the jog or the benelli?
You can pm mikkor and tiba karotsu about infos but they're based in the Philippines where the Yamaha Jogs reign supreme..... :)

my friend in hawaii has a moped shop that sells aftermarket fork legs for jogs and honda dios. pm me and i will give you the info

here's an MK jog of of MikkoR.. i think it has a showa front forks..

214321.jpg

yes they are beautiful especially the NCY front forks for the Yamaha Jog which is shown above but there are also other brands to choose aside from Showa (sold under the name Daytona or Kitaco) & NCY like CMR which is made in taiwan.

i would really like to replace my front forks with the NCY units but they are a bit heavier than my stock front forks so i'm just content with dreaming a set of these fitted to my Jog.

Razma said:
OMG what a beautifull fork !!
more information?

Those Forks are taiwan made, Mine is made by POP in taiwan, and the other one is made by NCY again in taiwan. I think there are 4 kinds of fork avail here in the Phil for Yamaha Jog one brand is CMR (which I used on my race scoot). They cost around 60 to 70 euros (pair) depending on the exchange rate.

We also use them in competition, we just change the inner springs with a stiffer one, then change the fork oil with your desired viscosity and its done.

Ive looked at Daytona and Kitaco's catalogue but didnt see forks made by showa, "according to importer of daytona here", showa only made forks for Honda Dio's.

Tiba, yes they are a little bit heavier but you can replace yung steering stem with an aluminum one, just like mine hehehe only 2 Kilos!

MikkoR said:
Tiba, yes they are a little bit heavier but you can replace yung steering stem with an aluminum one, just like mine hehehe only 2 Kilos!

hehehe i have already fitted an aluminum steering post like yours & yes it's 50% weight reduction compared to a stock steel steering post but we still don't want to change our forks 'coz we'll soon be replacing our gutted (kinatay) copper radiator with a Denso aluminum radiator Ian bought from a motorcycle parts breaker in Angeles city & it's really beautiful! :D

How about the rims on the second scooter?
What Brand are they and how much do they weigh?

Is that NCY fork any good?
Can you manually set the suspension-parameters (like a F32s for example)?

MikkoR said:
Those Forks are taiwan made, Mine is made by POP in taiwan, and the other one is made by NCY again in taiwan. I think there are 4 kinds of fork avail here in the Phil for Yamaha Jog one brand is CMR (which I used on my race scoot). They cost around 60 to 70 euros (pair) depending on the exchange rate.

Is there a site where i can order these forks? Do they mount on the stock fork tree or do i need to modify or replace the fork tree with a after market one?

MrBenelli said:
Is there a site where i can order these forks? Do they mount on the stock fork tree or do i need to modify or replace the fork tree with a after market one?

yes you can mount it on your stock fork tree..

MrBenelli said:

Im afraid there is no site that sells this forks. These are for Japan and Taiwan model Jog's with 10 inch rim. Jog RR has 12 or 13 inch rims am I correct?

MikkoR said:
Im afraid there is no site that sells this forks. These are for Japan and Taiwan model Jog's with 10 inch rim. Jog RR has 12 or 13 inch rims am I correct?

Yes you are correct the yamaha jog rr comes with 12 inch rims... so with this in mind, what aftermarket manufactures have forks for the new jog.. that is the jog rr with 12 inch rims? Showa? NCY?

Jog RR I think is only released in Europe. Maybe you can contact european suspension and shock manufacturers if they have aftermarket forks for JOG rr. Show Japan for sure wont make forks for JOG rr since they dont have this model in Japan.

Back