aerox technigas pipe

stred-aerox

hi i have a 2001 aerox and put a technigas next-r pipe on it. I have not done anything else except for the rollers and de-restricted. Can some one explain why i have no power from 25-45. Also What is the origional jet size for these phbn carbs. Thankyou.

Advertisement - register to remove this

obviously the rpm isn't high enough, below the powerband, from 25-45km/h.

You could try lighter weights, to increase the rpm in that speed range.

You could try a better variator to stabilize the rpm directly after the clutch has full grip.

yes syneed that is exactly what mine does, takes off again at 45mph. Does anybody know what 70cc cylinder would suit the technigas pipe? Also what are the other options apart from malossi for a variator.

Last edited:
stred-aerox said:
Does anybody know what 70cc cylinder would suit the technigas pipe?

None basically. You should have opted for the Tecnigas RS70 if you want serious 70cc performance. The Next will work, but with 2-3hp less.

Also what are the other options apart from malossi for a variator.

After having both the Malossi Sport and the Doppler S2BR on a minarelli engine I have to say the Doppler runs more stable, gives a higher top-speed and is more durable. Both malossi sport and the polini speedcontrol are inferior to the S2BR.

stred-aerox said:
hi i have a 2001 aerox and put a technigas next-r pipe on it. I have not done anything else except for the rollers and de-restricted. Can some one explain why i have no power from 25-45. Also What is the origional jet size for these phbn carbs. Thankyou.

I am also having the same problem on my 04 MBK Nitro 50 (which is basically an aerox) and it gets worse believe me. At first when i fitted my Technigas Next-R pipe on mine there was only a small loss of power just before 40mph, and then the power would kick in again and be sweet all the way up to 60, but after a couple of weeks it got worse, it got to a point where i could'nt go over 30mph, so i decided to put my standard pipe back on and it ran fine again.

You need to change the main jet, you need to go up 15%.
trying different rollers and stuff wont work you definatly need different jetting.
I tried about 5 different sets of roller weights and i also bought a Malossi variator kit and none of that made a difference.

I am still trying to find out the size of the standard jet so i know what to buy, they sell DellOrto main jets for the PHBN 12 HS carb at www.scootercenter.com and they are well cheap.

So, does anyone know the size of the original main jet for Nitro/aerox 50?

Hi, silver-nitr04 are you sure that increasong the jet size by this much will work, have you tried it? I am not saying it wont work but i am willing to try it if it works. The standard jet is a 86, i am sure.

Back