95 typhoon125 fork leaking - Need to know how to rebuilt

S750WP

I'm riding a typhoon 125 manufacture in 1995, the left fork is leaking oil. I have the haynes service manual which states disassembly of the fork will be difficult and its recommended to send to the Piaggio agent.

Has anyone done it before, care to illustrate the steps to rebuit it?? I have check with the piaggio dealer here, there are no spares part for this scoot anymore due to its age. Do I need to replace any parts if I rebuilt the fork myself?? As I understand from the manual, all I need to do is dismantle the the parts and grease them only.

Advertisement - register to remove this

ive got the same problem with my 125 typhoon, and i just bought a new fork, but you can ofcourse also buy a second hand one, and the 50cc forks are the same as 125 so there easy to get, just clean the vork alot so it wont rust, because of the rust it starts leaking, always been a big problem the the poiaggio front forks

S750WP said:
I'm riding a typhoon 125 manufacture in 1995, the left fork is leaking oil. I have the haynes service manual which states disassembly of the fork will be difficult and its recommended to send to the Piaggio agent.

Has anyone done it before, care to illustrate the steps to rebuit it?? I have check with the piaggio dealer here, there are no spares part for this scoot anymore due to its age. Do I need to replace any parts if I rebuilt the fork myself?? As I understand from the manual, all I need to do is dismantle the the parts and grease them only.

Without an exploded diagram of the fork it is hard to determine if there are seals that need replacing. I am not familliar of forks that use grease only but his could be possible (I am from a motorcycle background). If they are similar to oil dampened forks it is a huge pain in the *** without some experience. You need an impact gun at least or you will never get the bolt out of the damping rod. Usually a broom handle tapered at the end can be used to keep the inner damping rod from spinning. Anyway if you can post a diagram of the fork internals we can see if this is a DIY project or not.

Back