2fast4race

polishing not good???wtf...were have u been??? polished engine is way better then stock...i found it to be better then sandblasted too... better throttle respnse and more acceleration...not really differences in top speed... y would u think it as a bad idea??? i know the theory that sandblasting is better because gas gets caught in the little wholes and the other gas travels over it..the gas to gas resistence ratio is less then gas to metal so gas in theory should travel faster in sandblasted... but that is only theory i have found polishing to be better so i will stick to polishing....y not polish??have u tried it???

because the Pro's on the forum like Tiba Koratsu and Browni etc say to leave it rough

with 2-stroke tuning there isnt always an explanation for everything

somethins u just have to accept

accept the fact that you dont know why....neither do i....i simple posted my findings.... can one of the pros tell me why or why not polish...

i know i never said i did know why

i was jsut saying its all about trial and error

its about testing this work well with that but not this etc

Here u go...

Polishing slows down....
Atomization...
Find out what that is, and then you can understand what the concept is...

If you owned a powerboat, would you sand the bottom of your boat, or wax it? (To get the fastest speed?!?!?!)

Think about it... and then explain your answer...

i know the theory that sandblasting is better because gas gets caught in the little wholes and the other gas travels over it..the gas to gas resistence ratio is less then gas to metal so gas in theory should travel faster in sandblasted... but that is only theory i have found polishing to be better so i will stick to polishing....

when i polish i sand it really fine but i dont creat a shine, i dont know if u wana call it polishing or not but i do...

WARNING! :)

I asked trteam about their kits. There is NO Titanium conrod for the 2Fast RR crankshaft, this is only a sepcial forged steel as the ~€500 MHR Team crankshaft has!!

However they told me, all of the cylinders, crankshafts ran out, the 2fast parts will be avaible again in August!:(

Last edited:
smokin said:
Nice. 22 hp out of the box no tuning. Very good for out of the box.
Are you gonna tune it and dyno anytime soon? I want to hear the tuned numbers of that kit.

There's no need to tune the cylinder. You can get 24 HP uncorrected out of a untuned 2fast. Just make sure you'll use the right parts and set everything up correctly. Mine is slightly modified though.

Swobber: The graph falls down way to early, better put some more work in the setup of the variomatic.

Joël said:
There's no need to tune the cylinder. You can get 24 HP uncorrected out of a untuned 2fast. Just make sure you'll use the right parts and set everything up correctly. Mine is slightly modified though.

Swobber: The graph falls down way to early, better put some more work in the setup of the variomatic.
I know that I have to work on the vario-system, but since I havent touched it yet, I think that 22,22hp is quite good.
I just found some rollers that a friend had, and the fitted those (Polini test-rollers, no clue about weight) - And we were in a hurry since the dyno was about to close :)

Whats done to your kit? Changing port-times or?

/Swobber

Swobber said:
I know that I have to work on the vario-system, but since I havent touched it yet, I think that 22,22hp is quite good.
I just found some rollers that a friend had, and the fitted those (Polini test-rollers, no clue about weight) - And we were in a hurry since the dyno was about to close :)

Whats done to your kit? Changing port-times or?

/Swobber

In that case you scored pretty good.

The port times are almost standard, I've made several little modifications that I will not post here, but the result is a better spread of power mainly at higher rpms and more constant performance.

Back