2005 Yamaha Jog-R De-Restriction

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeC

Hi all,

I recently bought a yamaha jog R 2005 model for my girlfriend, I have never touched a moped before this 1 but have done lots of reading on how to de-restrict mopeds.
Most of what I have read has basically said replace the exhaust for a sports exhaust, and remove the nylon washer from the variator.

Today I decided I would take a look at the variator, When I pulled it all to bits all I found between the 2 halfs of the variator was a steel tube about 45-50 mm long and a steel washer on 1 end. There was not a nylon washer.

Im looking at putting a Leo-Vinci exhaust on it for her but is there anything
else I can do to de-restrict this ?

Thanks
Mike

Advertisement - register to remove this

the little washer is there for a reason when its restricted there is an extar much bigger washer
there is usually no other restrictors in the Minarelli
so get a new pipe and it iwll be fully de-restricted

hey

I have a yamaha jog r 06 plate, i dont know if my scooter has a problem or is it something to do with the restrictor im not sure but when i rev my scooter to full it seems to lose power and sounds as if the engine is going real slow but it doesnt cut off, then when i release rev a little its fine its just on full rev it does it :S but my mates say they dont have that with there scooters on full rev its really weird but i would like some help? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back