150cc GY6 non runner.

reverendyates

Hi, can anyone please help I have a 150cc gy6 scooter that will start up, run for about 10 seconds and then stop no matter how much throttle you give it if you try and start it straight away it won't start, however if you leave it 40 seconds it starts straight away and runs for 10 seconds before stalling again. If you hold it above 5000 rpm it will continue to run all be it not very well, if you let the revs drop to 4000 or below it stalls and then again won't start unless it is left, somtimes when it stalls it pops back through the carb. The CDI unit has been replaced and the carb has also been replaced, there is a good supply of fuel to the carb, i have recently took the rocker cover off and found no gap in the tappets does anybody know what these gaps should be?
If anybody could give me any advice i would be grateful.:?
Thanks Mike.

Advertisement - register to remove this

Sounds like you are running too rich and it is flooding. I had the same problem and had to downjet alot. What main jet are you using? What does your plug look like? Check and report back. :)

Hello anyone. I am new here and have recently acquired a Jonway (i think) 150cc. I bought it used with as I am finding out alot of problems. I did some initial upgrades, replaced 8 pole stator with 11 pole thinking that might help with why it doesn't start using the electric start, wrong. I replaced the CDI, ignition coil and voltage regulator hoping that might get it to start electronically, wrong. I also added a vacuum fuel petcock, a new 28mm PWK carb, variator and fan, and I still have all the problems I started with. It will only crank the motor and start with the battery connected to a charger or being jumped using cables using the electric start. It will start if I use the kick start. Which would not be a problem if it stayed running and wouldn't bog out every 10-20 seconds like it is starving for fuel. I can sometimes feather the throttle and prevent it from dying but that is rare. I need some serious help here especially with fuel prices. What do I have to do to get the electric start to function and to keep it running????

Back