What exhaust to malossi big bore 86cc

Eatmydust: What crank can i use for the 86cc big bore on mineralli???? It will be LOT cheper is i can use another crank for the malossi that cost alot of money :)

So what crank can i use?? :)

I think there is no crank that has a 17mm small-end and a stroke that comes near to 44mm. So, you can buy for example a cheap Kiesler 2fast crank, and replace the conrod for a conrad 85mm and 17mm small-end. Ore just resize your small-end to 17mm. This is no big deal for any proffesional metal adaptation company.

Finding a conrod with 17mm small-end, and futher more the same specifications as the Malossi 86cc conrod is also no big-deal ( don't know this for sure, but i'm convinced it's possible )

BartR: So if i buy a Kiesler 2fast4race crank is that Rod80 or 85?? And it is 44 mm right like Big bore??

And if i buy that kiesler 2f4r crank and get it up to small-end to 17mm.

Is that all??? or?? :)

No, the 12mm piston is shorter then the 13mm.

And yes, Kiesler has built a crank that's equal to the 2fast crank. So, milling up the small-end to 17mm is al you have to do. But this has te be done very carefull.

I think there is no crank that has a 17mm small-end and a stroke that comes near to 44mm.

You think wrong! Ok, a friend of mine have bought a few days ago a brand new 2fast crank, here's a pic:

As you can see, this crank has the same small end bearing that comes with the Stage 6 R/T 12mm cranks(80,85,90mm rod, whatever) , and that's for 17mm bore.

if the piston is shorter then use no base gasket or skim the cylinder base
? by how much is it shorter

Not this is the problem. The AM 50 mm piston has a short skirt. If you use it for a longer stroke, the piston doesn't cover the botton of the exhaust port at TDC, so the exhaust channel is connected to the crankcase! :)

Last edited:
You think wrong! Ok, a friend of mine have bought a few days ago a brand new 2fast crank, here's a pic:

As you can see, this crank has the same small end bearing that comes with the Stage 6 R/T 12mm cranks(80,85,90mm rod, whatever) , and that's for 17mm bore.

Yes the 2fast Minarelli has a 17 mm bore!

Wow what an upgrade, the 2fast crank has a box! :) Few years ago I've got the crank and cylinder in a big box filled with little sponges.

if some1 want to be one of the first,having the mhr big bore 86,5ccm and crank(cyl for 400 euro and crank for 625euro) can contact me XD

Yes i confirm. EMD its rite here some pics i just got:

So as the cylinder kit comes with the 13mm pin small bearing it's all fine :L

Yes the 2fast Minarelli has a 17 mm bore!

Wow what an upgrade, the 2fast crank has a box! :) Few years ago I've got the crank and cylinder in a big box filled with little sponges.

Also the piaggio has a 17mm bore.. That is, in my case.

It's a bit strange but that means the conrods have 15,16 and 17 mm bores...

Back