Ultimate Hyosung SF50

Well, I have decided that I am going to get my wheels and the transmission casing chrome dipped. It should look sick when I get it done. But first, I am putting the cylinder, variator, and carb on tomorrow. Pics soon...

check it out at SCOOTARMY.editboard.com

Dammn, it took all fucking night to get the cylinder kit on the scooter. We had to do a little port job to the block,(which took forever using a file), but the cylinder finally dropped in.

The bike runs, but it needs a little break in and some tweaking to do still.We cranked it originally without the exhaust gasket (woops) and it was fuckin" baller loud. Finish assembly will comense tomorrow,hopefully it will be able to run much faster once its all broken in.

-Ryan

Well, bad news on the scoot. The new cylinder kit is defective and going to tear apart my bottom end if I use it. Everything was checked; carb jet,premix,spark plug, all thats left is it is the kit. The motor is predetonating,uhhohh, and even when you turn it off, or even pull the spark plug cap off, it still wants to run.

So.......
Thanks to the mad mechanic Joe, we are going to do a little hone work to the cylinder to see if we can make it work. We are going to port out the intake manifold also. So yet another fun friday night with this piece of shit, dammn.

Well.... the cylinder kit was made so shitty that there were high spots and the piston would bounce from side to side. We try to flatten and make everything smooth,and it worked, for about 10 minutes. Then we shut off the ignition,but there was still spark in the motor so it was still tryin to run. After letting it sit for a couple minutes to cool off, we tried to kick it over and the motor had seized up. In the end.... We have put in probably a total of 8 hours on one fucking cylinder kit. This is the kind of bullshit that you seem to get when you buy these shitty ass kits. BUT, I have put in a order for a good kit, Malossi, which should go right on no problem. I just don't understand how these people can sell such garbage,BTW, Martin Racing makes the shit kit that I am talking about, just a little FYI..
ryan

isn't the airsal kits all aluminum, my friend told me that werent that good from what he has seen, but the malossi is on the way so hopefully good things to come,

i am trying to sell my suzuki so that i can get an aprilia 50 ditech, then i will do it right.

isn't the airsal kits all aluminum, my friend told me that werent that good from what he has seen, but the malossi is on the way so hopefully good things to come,

i am trying to sell my suzuki so that i can get an aprilia 50 ditech, then i will do it right.

the ditech is a brand new setup from aprilia, i think it is the first fuel injected 50cc, but i dont know if anyother manufacturers are using a setup similiar,just from wat i have read, they are so badass though for wat we can get over here, its probably gonna be that or the malaguti lc

Ordered the malossi cylinder kit from my friend, had to file a claim against that indy cycle. should be here this week.

ALSO*** I got another scooter, CPI Oliver brand new, i got the major hookup, but i think i might sell my gixxer so i can do some stuff to the scooters. ryan.

I would sell the Hyosung and just do mods to the CPI. Its a re-badged Vento Triton. Same everything, even the wheels, rear body, floorboards, ect. are taken right off the Triton. Some of the CPI's even have the Vento "V" on the speedo. :)

yea i know right, i am gonna give the hyosung to my sister, that or daily drive it, and use the cpi for the track, havent decided yet,

also, i have a kymco cobra motor that my friend and i are building, were have to clean up the chassis first and maybe i will just take that, but either way, i dont know why but i like driving scooters more than my gixxer, theres just something about them.ryan.

cantdrive; is yours the one on provoscooter forum, i just signed up to that forum, if it is, i like your subframe that you made up

BIG NEWS...

So, I ordered a Malossi kit. It wasn't exactly bolt on but I got it on and running, the bike runs so good right now. With the multivar it does about 55, but I still need to swap out the torque spring and put on the carbon reed valves. Gonna try to see if it will do 60mph with the stock gearing. Check it out at...

SCOOTARMY

Last edited:
I would sell the Hyosung and just do mods to the CPI. Its a re-badged Vento Triton. Same everything, even the wheels, rear body, floorboards, ect. are taken right off the Triton. Some of the CPI's even have the Vento "V" on the speedo. :)

lol Cantdrive55,
CPI (or Qianjiang (QJ) Motorcycles of China), is the mother brand, with Vento, Strada, Yamati, MZ, United Motors, ect... being clones of it. The CPI Hussar/Oliver has so many clones out there it is not even funny.
The store I am associated with sells (or has sold) all these brands and it was quite common to see a mixture of parts, both in trim and mechanical.
Vento has been somewhat successful in pulling the wool over both the dealer network and the general public eye's with the "made in USA" dung. They import their "badged" scooters from China and do a minor amount of assembly in Laredo, Texas.
The first of the QJ machines to reach the US shores was actually the 2002 Mz RX50, and at that time production was actually controlled from Taiwan. Even then, most dealers were naive enough to believe those scooters were made in Europe, alongside the nice Mz Motorcycles, lol.

scootertrog

lol Cantdrive55,
CPI (or Qianjiang (QJ) Motorcycles of China), is the mother brand, with Vento, Strada, Yamati, MZ, United Motors, ect... being clones of it. The CPI Hussar/Oliver has so many clones out there it is not even funny.
The store I am associated with sells (or has sold) all these brands and it was quite common to see a mixture of parts, both in trim and mechanical.
Vento has been somewhat successful in pulling the wool over both the dealer network and the general public eye's with the "made in USA" dung. They import their "badged" scooters from China and do a minor amount of assembly in Laredo, Texas.
The first of the QJ machines to reach the US shores was actually the 2002 Mz RX50, and at that time production was actually controlled from Taiwan. Even then, most dealers were naive enough to believe those scooters were made in Europe, alongside the nice Mz Motorcycles, lol.

scootertrog

thats wat i thought, cause the cpi looked like a much better maufactured bike then those ventos, and then the um xpeed is the biggest piece of shit i have ever worked on

oh yeah, we just got some of the new super9's in, man, they are shit now, changed to air cooled and no rear disc, and they are still heavy as hell, wat a shame

From what I've seen, the overall quality of the CPI family of machines has dwindled somewhat over the last 2 years. I think they went into overdrive to produce all those scooters and thus the quality control aspect suffered. At the same time, they are producing what the market (distributors) have asked for, a sub $2,000 sporty-looking scooter, and most of the Yamaha/Minarelli stuff will bolt right on and you can still make them go like stink. :)

You got the new s9's? I was not aware they were actually here yet. Are they using the Kymco GR1 engine or something new? All's not so bad if it is the same engine as the ZX50 (shares most parts with a Honda Dio - those can be very fast!). I'd really like a couple of pic's of one if you could provide it - please email to my scootertrog@yahoo.com address.

scootertrog

Well.... thanks to wrench, I have an Arreche/Polini mut 21mm carb with a new intake and choke. The scoot is running real bad ass now, and can do throttle up wheelies. Hopefully we can do some races and stunting once the zx50 is in action.

-Ryan

Back