turbo on 50cc bike.

Advertisement - register to remove this

That's amazing!How a turbo can be so small i wonder how much horsepower out of the rotary engine you can get with that turbo out of a 50cc scoot?

Hard to say. Depends on the turbo , engine tuning , cylinder tuning , everything... It's just unsayable.

Is it a rotary or a 4-stroke engine? If it is , we might beable to help you out.

Nope. Not on a 2-stroke. Unless it's a rotary engine ?

many 2 strokes have had turbochargers / superchargers fitted
kreidler had a 50 they took to bonneville with one and many snowmobiles have them fitted i read an article recently about a vespa 200 with turbo that also had power graphs which were quite amazing especially the torque which nearly matched the horsepower figure

hi people
you can fit a turbo on to a scooter engine.... you just need to run it off the igniton instead of the exhaust

and there was a very good tuner in holland thta was testing a tubo 70cc nrg engine. it was working well but the belt was sliping when the turbo kicked in

Cheers BYS '08'

as far as i know, that turbo never gained any power, and the project wasnt continued. The tuner you mean is koopmans

hi people
you can fit a turbo on to a scooter engine.... you just need to run it off the igniton instead of the exhaust

and there was a very good tuner in holland thta was testing a tubo 70cc nrg engine. it was working well but the belt was sliping when the turbo kicked in

Cheers BYS '08'
What do you mean off the ignition and not the exhaust how does that work then?

How do it work with blow back and all. I was told that being a 2stroke cycle when the piston comes down (when the turbo works) the pressure the turbo builds up goes straight out the exhaust port?

Either way id love to see a 4t turbo'ed scoot

hi people

Cheers BYS '08'

I think you mean a supercharger, as that runs from the crank producing almost instant power/torque,but then runs out at high end, where as with a turbo you get lag down low end, but when it boosts thats when you get more power up high end.

So both have their advantages and disadvantages but on a 50cc because of the pulse of the cylinders, they dont spool/boost quick enough, Hence you dont see many 50cc turbo projects that work often...

as far as i know, that turbo never gained any power, and the project wasnt continued. The tuner you mean is koopmans

hi mate

ok i didn't that it did not gain any power. when i see it. it was still in working progress, and i don't know if he kept the project going. and yes the tuner is koopman and i did not what to say he name because he said it was a special project that knowone knows about

Cheers BYS '08'

I think you mean a supercharger, as that runs from the crank producing almost instant power/torque,but then runs out at high end, where as with a turbo you get lag down low end, but when it boosts thats when you get more power up high end.

So both have their advantages and disadvantages but on a 50cc because of the pulse of the cylinders, they dont spool/boost quick enough, Hence you dont see many 50cc turbo projects that work often...

hi mate

yer both of them have a lot of advantages and disadvantages but i think it was a turbo because they were say when it kicked in the main belt keep sliping

it could have been a supercharger or it could have been a turbo, all i know is that koopman said that it was there turbo project

Cheers BYS '08'

I have a small KKK turbo that I've fitted up to my Derbi with a 70cc EVO cylinder. I can take pictures of that if you want. The turbo isn't on right now, but the flow rate for it is just about right for our size of motors, it will easily flow enough for 30-40 horse, which is what I am aiming for. You can run them on a reed valve motor just as easily as a rotary valve, the real trick is fueling it, you can either set it up as a blow through or a draw through. Draw through is easier but you have to have carbon seals so that the gas doesn't seap into the bearing section of the turbo. If you do blow through, the whole carb needs to be enclosed and sealed so that the pressure is equal between the inside and outside the carb, so that when the cylinder takes some air in, there is still a vacuum to draw the fuel out of the carb properly. The other problem is how to flow the oil to lubricate it, but I've found the solution for that. If anyone has any more questions, let me know and I'd be happy to answer them

I have a small KKK turbo that I've fitted up to my Derbi with a 70cc EVO cylinder. I can take pictures of that if you want. The turbo isn't on right now, but the flow rate for it is just about right for our size of motors, it will easily flow enough for 30-40 horse, which is what I am aiming for. You can run them on a reed valve motor just as easily as a rotary valve, the real trick is fueling it, you can either set it up as a blow through or a draw through. Draw through is easier but you have to have carbon seals so that the gas doesn't seap into the bearing section of the turbo. If you do blow through, the whole carb needs to be enclosed and sealed so that the pressure is equal between the inside and outside the carb, so that when the cylinder takes some air in, there is still a vacuum to draw the fuel out of the carb properly. The other problem is how to flow the oil to lubricate it, but I've found the solution for that. If anyone has any more questions, let me know and I'd be happy to answer them

hi mate

nice work

can i please have a picture

thank bys

Back