The news Polini Ignition System

Rally Speed

STT Member
I have been looking at Polini's new ignition system, it look's really nice!
I soo it on Scooter-Attack's news site some time ago.
Do you guys now when I can pay it and where ?

ACCENSIONE_ok.jpg

Advertisement - register to remove this

Interesting. The rotor looks heavy though. But I guess they thought it over, so it should be okay.

I looks like the flywheel is rotating OVER the coils, so no outer- or inner rotor, but an Over rotor system.

EDIT:

Hij is dus speciaal voor 50cc scooters en is MET licht.

Hier de officiele text:

"NEW POLINI IGNITION FOR SCOOTERS AND 50cc MOTARD AND ENDURO:
LIGHTS ARE ALWAYS ON

Polini Motori works also on scooters and on 50cc motard and enduro electronics for improving performance. A new complete electronic ignition has been developed for the competitions of the ?Polini Italian Cup? and it is especially made for scooters and 50cc motard and enduro: Piaggio, Derbi Senda, AM6 and horizontal Yamaha-Minarelli engines. It includes stator, rotor, gearcase and coil. Compared to the others on the market, the Polini ignition is the only one with an internal rotor having specifications ensuring a power able to allow headlights functioning. It is really performing and optimises the power at every rpm. Mapping is specific for scooters and for 50cc motard and enduro for competitions. It ensures the best pick-up and the top acceleration. We suggest your substitution of the original spark plug hood with a screened one of 5 kohm in order to avoid possible electric troubles and to protect the spark plug from magnetic fields. The Polini complete ignition includes also harnesses. At first we will have available ignitions for 50cc enduro and motard with Minarelli and Derbi engines. "

I have to get this ignition when its more readily available, i know of a place where u can buy it now, but its for am6 engines sooo..

I did think it looked a little heavy, but its polini! They know best!

Mr.Aerox said:
does the am6 ingnitions fit in horizontal engines?!??!

"made for scooters and 50cc motard and enduro: Piaggio, Derbi Senda, AM6 and horizontal Yamaha"

Now you wouldn't also ask if the Derbi version fitted the horizontal engines, RIGHT?

Back