Tecnigas Next-R - Padding in Exhaust? (Pics)

Areomyst

Scootin' America!
P1010002.JPG

P1010005.JPG

P1010003.JPG

P1010004.JPG

P1010006.JPG

I did not think that the Technigas had any padding or baffling inside, but obviously I was wrong.

I'll see if I can get the padding out soon, and I'll update when I get the chance. :)

~Josh

Advertisement - register to remove this

On closer inspection, it's not padding. It's preforated sheet metal. I don't have time to play with it right now, so I can't really dig too deep... I can't tell if there's any steel wool type material behind the preforations or not. The carbon build up rather made the whole thing look like a fiberglass pad. :p

Still interesting though.

~Josh

I'm following this with great interest. I had the header
off, and didn't see much when looking down into the pipe.

Waiting on your results before tearing into mine. Good
luck!

Edit, forgot to mention that if you have the time, the different
sections of the header pipe have terrible joints. The smaller
sections do not make smooth transitions into the larger sections.
They extend into them by several mm.

It's actually worse than I remembered, here's pics of the header
joints and mods:
http://forum.scooterforum.net/forum...-shape-squish-compression-134605/#post2260576

Last edited:
P1010003.JPG

I thought it would be easy to get out, but I was wrong. I had to keep going at it with a grinder, hammer and punch. It got pretty ugly, as you can see.

P1010004.JPG

Getting closer!

p1010009.JPG

It's out! :)

P1010005.JPG

P1010008.JPG

The tecnigas liner is not nearly as restrictive as the Leo Vince one. To be honest, I don't really think it's hurt performance much.

P1010007.JPG

Here's the inside of the baffle cone / convergent cone after removing the liner. Carbon build up here, but no fiberglass or steel wool. :)

P1010006.JPG

P1010010.JPG

P1010011.JPG

I did some clean up here, grinding down the ugly marks made by my punch. Also brushed the carbon out and used a little brake cleaner.

P1010012.JPG

The ugly overlap of the header pipe entering the diffuser. You're right on that StepVino! :D

P1010013.JPG

This is turning out to be a fun project. I'm anxious to see the performance difference.

~Josh

It actually seemed like the same weld held that held the baffle to the dwell section also held the liner in place. :( On the bright side, it's out now. :D Next project will be to take care of the header pipe. I wish I could've had a dyno run before and after, just to see. Oh well, some day. :)

~Josh

Back