Stroked Pistons ( taller pistons )

I couldn t find pics but the store you can buy them from.
I PMed u the shop

I was 100% you are wrong I just would like to know what you will show me! Nothing...

I exactly know Cross piston, and it's absolutly clear that you don't. You've heared that somebody saw a cross piston somwhere that was shorter.. maybe..

The Cross piston (31 8180) was created for the Malossi Cross trophy kits. Malossi had one kit for Minarelli (31 9185) and one kit for Piaggio engines (31 9174). These kits used 85 mm conrod. To keep the original cylinder height they just offseted the wristpin by 5 mm (up to the top). These kits had different port timings.
So once again. The Malossi Cross piston has quite the same height as the Speed Piston the difference is the wrist pin distance from the top. The cut out is straight on the Cross piston.

So once again. The Malossi Cross piston has quite the same height as the Speed Piston the difference is the wrist pin distance from the top. The cut out is straight on the Cross piston.

"QUITE the same height" exactly,but they are not identical and thats what I was all about.
I never mentioned a word about the total height,did I?
In my first post I expressed me wrong by saying "MHR Cylinders CROSS pistons which are 5mm shorter than the normal ones"
Than secondly I tried to explain me better saying:

"..the bottom part beneath the pin center is shorter than a normal Team 2 piston"

those 2 feets or whatever you call them are different and shorter and that was the whole thing I talked about.If you line both pistons right next to each other you will understand me better.

EDIT: DO u have a pic of a cross piston vs team 2 normal piston right next to each other?

Last edited:
Here we go :)

http://www.scootertuning.de/gallery/files/1/4/0/0/3/3/kolben.jpg

Can you see now what I meant with those 2 feets?That the cross pistons ones are shorter?

NOW line up both piston at the pin point up and you will see that one and the other is shorter.
The problem of that discussion was that you meant the total height like on the pic when both are lined up on a even surface and I meant the height when having both on the crank mounted.I hope this is clear now :)

Here we go :)

http://www.scootertuning.de/gallery/files/1/4/0/0/3/3/kolben.jpg

Can you see now what I meant with those 2 feets?That the cross pistons ones are shorter?

NOW line up both piston at the pin point up and you will see that one and the other is shorter.
The problem of that discussion was that you meant the total height like on the pic and I meant the height when having both on the crank mounted.I hope this is clear now :)

By "feets" are you referring to what is called the piston skirt.

Yes,thanks.
That was the word I was looking for.

Oh man if you don't know what are you talking about how we understand you? You even don't know what is piston skirt!

I am still don't know what is you point. That's what I am said several times.
As I said the piston height is the same and the wrist pin is 5 mm higher on the Cross. So your explanation is still not correct.

You wrote:
"Can you see now what I meant with those 2 feets?That the cross pistons ones are shorter?"

If you line up them you are still wrong because than the Cross skirt will be deeper!!! In your world it won't be shorter but longer! The piston top will be "shorter" (with your world). And you never write down this!!

pistons.jpg

"I never mentioned a word about the total height,did I?" In this case you don't know what you are talking about.

You wrote this:

"You can buy for the MHR Cylinders CROSS pistons which are 5mm shorter than the normal ones."

Because you not even mention any part of the piston, everybody understand this you talk about the piston height. Don't be cynic. I know I am right.
In case A you can't world your message.
In case B you know you told silly things know you try to explain yourself.

Last edited:
First of all I m nothing trying to excuse,so I dont know what your problem is,trying to take me down^^?
I didnt know the correct term for that specific part of the piston,dow blame me for that,can happen and I admit it too,english its my 5th language and it used to happen that I dont know many keywords or confuse due my expression.

In my "world" ^^
After reviewing my post I can see my mistake by not mentioning the exact part/piston and not expressing me well like in post 6.
Neverless you explained it better than me and sry for that,I could have explain me better right from the beginning,because when I said 5mm shorter at first I meant when they are lined up and when I said the skirts were shorter I WAS MISTAKEN WITH BOTH PISTONS :" saying the cross pistons skirts were shorter!!! cuz the Speed piston has its skirts shorter once they are lined up which can be seen better on the pic I have post.

However,its shown that not only the distance of the pin hole till the top is different,also the length of the squirts!

Last edited:
First of all I m nothing trying to excuse,so I dont know what your problem is,trying to take me down^^?
I didnt know the correct term for that specific part of the piston,dow blame me for that,can happen and I admit it too,english its my 5th language and it used to happen that I dont know many keywords or confuse due my expression.

In my "world" ^^
After reviewing my post I can see my mistake by not mentioning the exact part/piston and not expressing me well like in post 6.
Neverless you explained it better than me and sry for that,I could have explain me better right from the beginning,because when I said 5mm shorter at first I meant when they are lined up and when I said the skirts were shorter I WAS MISTAKEN WITH BOTH PISTONS :" saying the cross pistons skirts were shorter!!! cuz the Speed piston has its skirts shorter once they are lined up which can be seen better on the pic I have post.

However,its shown that not only the distance of the pin hole till the top is different,also the length of the squirts!

Sorry, I didn't want to insult you! I just wanted to clear it all! I was a little bit offensive, because it's not the first time you try to force something.

looks to me like FABRIZI DUDE is going to stroke a 39 stroke moter and in keeping the 47,6 piston!!!! your not going to do it to your track bike are you ? try the HEBO MANSTON PISTON but it does have a flat top piston i think! ask Mitchel at ADDED SPEED the wrist pins might be diferent good luck and remember to cut the the bottom skirt so it does not hit your crank good luck

Fabrizi dude.
It looks like you have your self a FHT kit.
If i'm not mistaken, that piston is an asso werke piston and inside it there is a four digit code. It is the name of the piston (EVO is 3005 and Malossi MHR is 2980 f.x)

My best advise is VFracing.be
It was many years ago, but I know that they have had fabrizi parts.

Good luck on your search.

P.S. Browni
I support you on the Cross vs. Team piston thing. I have used the Cross pistion to stroke a "normal" racing cylinderkit. Was difficult but made good power.

Fabrizi dude.
It looks like you have your self a FHT kit.
If i'm not mistaken, that piston is an asso werke piston and inside it there is a four digit code. It is the name of the piston (EVO is 3005 and Malossi MHR is 2980 f.x)

My best advise is VFracing.be
It was many years ago, but I know that they have had fabrizi parts.

Good luck on your search.

P.S. Browni
I support you on the Cross vs. Team piston thing. I have used the Cross pistion to stroke a "normal" racing cylinderkit. Was difficult but made good power.

Thanks alot man i appreciate it.
best regards

Fabrizi Dude

Because you not even mention any part of the piston, everybody understand this you talk about the piston height. Don't be cynic. I know I am right i am not with the Speed piston i like the power/torque piston.

Last edited:
My advice: forget the original piston. It is heavy, uncoated and hard to get.

Measure the difference in height with a Polini Evolution piston and turn that amount off the cylinder's bottom.
Check the squish on several points and correct the head if neccesary.

With a Polini piston the engine can rev more freely due to lowered mass. Also this piston is very easy to get in several sizes (A-B-C).

My advice: forget the original piston. It is heavy, uncoated and hard to get.

Measure the difference in height with a Polini Evolution piston and turn that amount off the cylinder's bottom.
Check the squish on several points and correct the head if neccesary.

With a Polini piston the engine can rev more freely due to lowered mass. Also this piston is very easy to get in several sizes (A-B-C).

yeah thats what i was thinking Joël, thats what i was thinking

Back