South Africa

Slang

Wow!!!..finally here. 9||6

Name is Slang...like in snake...just the more aggressive Dutch version..:#
Wanted to introduce in the Nederlandse section, but the afrikaans we speak is quite different..and I battle to understand. Unless one try to read with some alcoholic beverages in hand, to relax the eye muscles. :p

Since about 2 years ago, scooters was not big here. Delivery guys, school kids, etc. Us okes with the bigger bikes did not want to touch them.

Since then, things have started evolving. Scooter racing has really picked up. At the moment we are busy registering an official scooter class to race on our main tracks. We got permission to hold demo racing and demo drag racing.

But, the biggest problem is parts. Not the standard parts, but the mods. They are like chicken teeth. And flippen expensive to import.
Its really nice to see how far you guys have come. We are, as usual, about 3 years behind. Thats the problem living in a 3rd world country.

Slowly, we are getting there. In any case, nice to be here. Will hang around, ask questions, maybe try and import some parts (thats if, here is contacts on this forum).

Cheers 9||6
Slang
ADMIN
SA SCOOTERS

Advertisement - register to remove this

o yeah,..this is us

Any of the die hard scooter addicts offering us any advice....when you fly over for a holiday...you will be treated like a king.. :W8)

Last edited by a moderator:
no pics yet?? :(

Wow!!!..finally here. 9||6

Name is Slang...like in snake...just the more aggressive Dutch version..:#
Wanted to introduce in the Nederlandse section, but the afrikaans we speak is quite different..and I battle to understand. Unless one try to read with some alcoholic beverages in hand, to relax the eye muscles. :p

Since about 2 years ago, scooters was not big here. Delivery guys, school kids, etc. Us okes with the bigger bikes did not want to touch them.

Since then, things have started evolving. Scooter racing has really picked up. At the moment we are busy registering an official scooter class to race on our main tracks. We got permission to hold demo racing and demo drag racing.

But, the biggest problem is parts. Not the standard parts, but the mods. They are like chicken teeth. And flippen expensive to import.
Its really nice to see how far you guys have come. We are, as usual, about 3 years behind. Thats the problem living in a 3rd world country.

Slowly, we are getting there. In any case, nice to be here. Will hang around, ask questions, maybe try and import some parts (thats if, here is contacts on this forum).

Cheers 9||6
Slang
ADMIN
SA SCOOTERS

no pics yet?? :(

Bru, we are so far behind when it comes to modding, etc. We still battle with cheap and nasty chinese imports here. You would only laugh if I post pics. Like I said. We just started taking them to the track.....but, with so few mods available...its more crashing and burning on the track...than building showpieces.

SA is really far behind with scoots. The cagers hate us, the okes on the bigger bikes smite us......!!

Hopefully, if we can get proper modding imports...at cheaper prices....things will soon change.

On our site....www.sascooters.co.za you are welcome to browse the photos...

Welcome.
I'm new to this forum myself, but I'm not at all new to scooters.
If you need any advice - feel free to ask.

Slang you don't give us much credit!!:mad:

Our top scooters in S.A. are just as powerfull as the european guys just using different scoots and parts. My Bws 100 runs at about 19hp (There is one that I know of running at 25hp). It has full Paoili suspension front and rear, 13 inch wheels(stolen of a nitro) , Dr Pulley HIT clutch, brembo front calliper and master cylinder, artek 230mm disk, 13inch pilot pure tyres.

We have a full Mallosi racing team, running four stroke vespas and Pgo 110 Nakeds.

Go check out our racing series at scooter101.com and on the scooter101 facebook page.!

Back