problem - malossi 2005 overrange

ManstonDragster

MCT-Tuning
hello , just wondering if anyone can help my brother has an italjet dragster with minarelli engine and i have just put a sport setup in it consisting of stage6 street race 70 - rms full circle crank- tm24 carb - stage6 intake system - malossi gears - MVT MILLENIUM ignition and as he had a malossi overrange kit with delta clutch /wing bell lying around from his other bike so we fitted it and i set it up to get the best setting i could however its made the bike worst on top end and a tiny bit worst on bottom end as well i couldnt see what the problem was and its surpised me seeing as all that was in there before was totaly stock transmission , also ive had to miss out the washer the sits in the kick starter cog in front of the front pullyas the overrange didnt leave enough thread to get the crank bolt on , aswell its like the clutch is'nt engauging fully as only the middle pad of th pad is worn but it pulls off fine not over reving or anything and i have adjusted the delta clutch make the clutch bite at lower rpm but the pads still only wearing in the middle , i'd really be greatfull if anyone could help me as ive had to go back to stock transmission because of the problems , also all the malossi transmission is brand new so theres no problems with worn parts etc .

thanks
nick

Advertisement - register to remove this

what carb have you got on it the biggest size i would put is a 21mm as this is the best carb for better prformance and top end oh and as for the clutch only wearing in the centre its new so has to be worn in and as for the reving it may be due to the carb being to big or possibly the rollers being to light/heavy

hello , just wondering if anyone can help my brother has an italjet dragster with minarelli engine and i have just put a sport setup in it consisting of stage6 street race 70 - rms full circle crank- tm24 carb - stage6 intake system - malossi gears - MVT MILLENIUM ignition and as he had a malossi overrange kit with delta clutch /wing bell lying around from his other bike so we fitted it and i set it up to get the best setting i could however its made the bike worst on top end and a tiny bit worst on bottom end as well i couldnt see what the problem was and its surpised me seeing as all that was in there before was totaly stock transmission , also ive had to miss out the washer the sits in the kick starter cog in front of the front pullyas the overrange didnt leave enough thread to get the crank bolt on , aswell its like the clutch is'nt engauging fully as only the middle pad of th pad is worn but it pulls off fine not over reving or anything and i have adjusted the delta clutch make the clutch bite at lower rpm but the pads still only wearing in the middle , i'd really be greatfull if anyone could help me as ive had to go back to stock transmission because of the problems , also all the malossi transmission is brand new so theres no problems with worn parts etc .

thanks
nick

Back