Post Photos of your Porting Tools!

put the pulleys on the floor, sit on a chair and put your feet on the pulleys :D thats the cheapest way !

I've used a hand and a knee many times, I often just use my God-given hands to press on the clutch while a friend threads the nut down. I'm still going to end up with the clutch tool. Even if it makes me look wimpy. :p

~Josh

I've used a hand and a knee many times, I often just use my God-given hands to press on the clutch while a friend threads the nut down. I'm still going to end up with the clutch tool. Even if it makes me look wimpy. :p

~Josh

If you can weld you can make that shit in no time.
I agree feet method is even faster than dealing with that thing :)

That tools is nice!

I use to use the "help me in a rush method" to thread the clutch nut, but some months ago I got that nice tool from scooter-center and it's so nice to work with it....no more help in a rush needed!!.....I got two different tools for big and small clutches:

DSC03706.jpg

Also got these other nice tools:
DSC03707.jpg

DSC03708.jpg

I don't know how to use these ones???...do some one have a picture showing how to use them?
DSC03710.jpg

Last tools ordered from Scooter-Center, will arrive in a few days:

Bearing Extractors:
BearingExtraxtorTool.jpg

Spring Tool:
SpringTool.jpg

Cylinder Honning Tool:
Grinder.jpg

This is my first "hand made" clutch wrench..ugly but handy!
DSC03709.jpg

Regards,

Last edited:
[ir]http://www.scooterinvasion.net/scooterinvasionpix/P1010135.JPG[/ir]
This is the shop I work in. The workstation on the right is mine. :) I took a photo of the toolbox too, but it came out kind of blurry. I have a gettho setup at home... I guess that's what happens when you have to bring all your good tools to work.

OCC, OCC !!! +ralf+ :L

I have a dremel flexidrive, when i phoned CC it seams that their hand pieces are a different size? Can anyone confirm this?

It depends on the tool you're using. The dremel flexdrive is different from the foredom flexshaft tools. There are some dremel tools that are suitable for porting work. The "732" model seems to be hard to find anymore, but from what I understand, it will work. The Dremel that Tiba uses seems to be this style, or at least, very close to it. Here's a pic:
732.jpg

Hope that helps!

~Josh

Areomyst,

i've got the measurement of my flexshaft where the handpiece goes in;

10mm is the diameter of the part that goes into the handpiece.

17,6mm is the length of the part that goes into the handpiece

24mm is the length of the cable which protrudes out of the end of the flexshaft which drives the handpiece.

dsc01929ar2.jpg

i hope you understand my explanation but you get where i'm going at, need to know if that angled handpiece will fit my flexshaft, if it does i can do wonders with it. :D

Last edited:
It depends on the tool you're using. The dremel flexdrive is different from the foredom flexshaft tools. There are some dremel tools that are suitable for porting work. The "732" model seems to be hard to find anymore, but from what I understand, it will work. The Dremel that Tiba uses seems to be this style, or at least, very close to it. Here's a pic:
732.jpg

Hope that helps!

~Josh

actually that is it plus the foot pedal switch.

i hope you understand my explanation but you get where i'm going at, need to know if that angled handpiece will fit my flexshaft, if it does i can do wonders with it. :D

Tiba,

I'm going to be picking up a new set of vernier calipers this week. I'll post detailed photos of the measurements for you, so you can be sure one way or the other. :)

Where did you get your Dremel 732 at? I can't seem to find that model anywhere. Perhaps I have not looked hard enough.

Regards,

~Josh

Tiba,

I'm going to be picking up a new set of vernier calipers this week. I'll post detailed photos of the measurements for you, so you can be sure one way or the other. :)

Where did you get your Dremel 732 at? I can't seem to find that model anywhere. Perhaps I have not looked hard enough.

Regards,

~Josh

thanks a lot, i bought mine locally from a dealer that imports dremel stuff.

Back