Port Timing

You guys can fry me for this one , but If you want more power pitch the Tassinari reed in favor of most any other high quality carbon fiber replacement. Steve and Jeff built the thing off of engines cases i sent them, I tested the prototypes. The reeds probably work pretty well on the smaller, lighter weight, 50 or 70 engines pulling the 100 lb scooter around ...... but you have a bad azz big bore machine, It wants to breathe. So does the 30mm.
The problem you may encounter, with riding for 2 hours, with a stroker motor is going to be heat build up in the belt area. You'll need to address this,if you haven't already. Any belt shredding going on?
And just a question have you experienced any tranny gear failure or know of people who have?

You guys can fry me for this one , but If you want more power pitch the Tassinari reed in favor of most any other high quality carbon fiber replacement. Steve and Jeff built the thing off of engines cases i sent them, I tested the prototypes. The reeds probably work pretty well on the smaller, lighter weight, 50 or 70 engines pulling the 100 lb scooter around ...... but you have a bad azz big bore machine, It wants to breathe. So does the 30mm.
The problem you may encounter, with riding for 2 hours, with a stroker motor is going to be heat build up in the belt area. You'll need to address this,if you haven't already. Any belt shredding going on?
And just a question have you experienced any tranny gear failure or know of people who have?

Well..my Vforce was sent to me by Jeff as a prototype too, before they sell it to public, I have never had any complain on my reeds, I also have test VL14 and Polini and I can't feel any diference...maybe using a Dyno there should be a difference.

My transmission is "cooled" by an air intake at the front:

AirIntake.jpg

At this moment I haven't had any tranny failure..but my scooter is 2,500 kms. at the clock, and some 400 kms. with this new engine.

Regards,

Well..my Vforce was sent to me by Jeff as a prototype too, before they sell it to public, I have never had any complain on my reeds, I also have test VL14 and Polini and I can't feel any diference...maybe using a Dyno there should be a difference.

My transmission is "cooled" by an air intake at the front:

AirIntake.jpg

At this moment I haven't had any tranny failure..but my scooter is 2,500 kms. at the clock, and some 400 kms. with this new engine.

Regards,

Impressive looking machine. Very nice.
Our transmissions are treated a lot worse, than yours will ever see. We build the mini quad race engines. And the kids riding are pretty rough on them. Is the air induction for the engine LH case a stock feature?

Here in Holland we measured V-force vs. Vl14. Some have a big gain, others don't see anything.

Proably because the fuel mixture gets different and you need to rejet the carb.

Mexicano, I'm working on those timings, have been busy this week/weekend, will post something nice in the afternoon.

Allright; here we go.

Your exhaustport timing right now has 192 at highest point. Average is somewhere around 188. This makes the scooter easy to setup and it will "always" preform.

I suggest you make the top of the exhaustport straight, this will put the exhaustport timing on 192 in total. Maybe give it a degree more, will go nice with the bigger exhaustport.

Now to gain more torque at the same RPM, you can make the bottom of the exhaustport just as wide as the top of the exhaustport (with round endings), you might loose some gasreaction, but don't bother about that.

This will give a good overal power and works for sure.
Now, If you have the tools to do your transfers, raise your first transfer to 131 and your second transfer to 129, that will give better low- and topend power.

If you don't have the tools to do that, leave them stock and leave the exhaustport 192.
Show us some pix while you are doing the job.

Is the air induction for the engine LH case a stock feature?

No, I made it, the 2 stroke Ventos doesn't have any transmission cooling feature...this is just a kind of "cone" behind of the grill, a hose to "duct" the intake air to the tranny cover...it's simple.

Allright; here we go.

Your exhaustport timing right now has 192 at highest point. Average is somewhere around 188. This makes the scooter easy to setup and it will "always" preform.

I suggest you make the top of the exhaustport straight, this will put the exhaustport timing on 192 in total. Maybe give it a degree more, will go nice with the bigger exhaustport.

Now to gain more torque at the same RPM, you can make the bottom of the exhaustport just as wide as the top of the exhaustport (with round endings), you might loose some gasreaction, but don't bother about that.

This will give a good overal power and works for sure.
Now, If you have the tools to do your transfers, raise your first transfer to 131 and your second transfer to 129, that will give better low- and topend power.

If you don't have the tools to do that, leave them stock and leave the exhaustport 192.
Show us some pix while you are doing the job.

Thanks Big B!!!!..you are great!

I don't have the tools to do the transfers....sad....but I can do the exhaust port....If I send you the new cylinder, are you willing to do the complete port/polish job for me???.. I'm sure you would do a very professional and nice job!!, of course I will pay for that, if you can do this, please P.M. me.

Thanks again, very nice from you.

Last edited:
For a picture of a ported 54mm aluminum cylinder.. go to www.miniatvs.com in the tech question area. Topic "Porting 102 how to do it."
For some pics of the transfer molds scroll down to the WRHRACING vendor section under "cool cylinder pics."

For a picture of a ported 54mm aluminum cylinder.. go to www.miniatvs.com in the tech question area. Topic "Porting 102 how to do it."
For some pics of the transfer molds scroll down to the WRHRACING vendor section under "cool cylinder pics."

Do I have to register to see the stuff????...I try it and is asking me for a login.

I have seen before a 53 m.m. aluminium cylinder, nice..but I want 54 m.m.

Thanks,

Do I have to register to see the stuff????...I try it and is asking me for a login.

I have seen before a 53 m.m. aluminium cylinder, nice..but I want 54 m.m.

Thanks,

Yes, You have to register. I am old school and not any good at all of posting direct links. Very little time also. Sorry about that.
I do not have any 54mm aluminum cylinders in stock, this is just so you can get a idea of port work. I am not trying to sell anything.
I also bumped up a thread of porting 101 What not to do.

Yes, You have to register. I am old school and not any good at all of posting direct links. Very little time also. Sorry about that.
I do not have any 54mm aluminum cylinders in stock, this is just so you can get a idea of port work. I am not trying to sell anything.
I also bumped up a thread of porting 101 What not to do.

Thanks!, I really apreciate your help and interest!

I tryed before sending an e-mail to those guys at WRHRacing to ask if they have an Aluminium 54 m.m. cylinder or if their 53 m.m. cylinder can be rebored to 54 and plated again...but they didn't answered my e-mail.

Regards,

Last edited:
Thanks!, I really apreciate your help and interest!

I tryed before sending an e-mail to those guys at WRHRacing to ask if they have an Aluminium 54 m.m. cylinder or if their 53 m.m. cylinder can be rebored to 54 and plated again...but they didn't answered my e-mail.

Regards,

"Those guys" Would be me. If you have a 53 aluminum from us or a 52 aluminum from maxrpm . Then those can be bored to 54mm the airsal 52 mm can not be bored to 54. The aluminum sleeve gets to thin and flex's.
Out of the original 200 cylinders I am down to 2 cylinders unplated. The manufacture has no more either.
Sorry about the e mail situation. I do my best. Sometimes I respond with a very large answer and the e mail comes back un delivered.
But right now I am way behind schedule anyway.

"Those guys" Would be me. If you have a 53 aluminum from us or a 52 aluminum from maxrpm . Then those can be bored to 54mm the airsal 52 mm can not be bored to 54. The aluminum sleeve gets to thin and flex's.
Out of the original 200 cylinders I am down to 2 cylinders unplated. The manufacture has no more either.
Sorry about the e mail situation. I do my best. Sometimes I respond with a very large answer and the e mail comes back un delivered.
But right now I am way behind schedule anyway.

lol!!!...sorry....about my BIG mouth!!!, I apologyze.

Can you e-mail or P.M. me details on a "custom made" 54 m.m. kit?
jlgpl@yahoo.com.mx

Thanks!

lol!!!...sorry....about my BIG mouth!!!, I apologyze.

Can you e-mail or P.M. me details on a "custom made" 54 m.m. kit?
jlgpl@yahoo.com.mx

Thanks!

No problem , your good. No big mouth at all. I am simply behind on engine work. Usually to tired to answer coherently by e mail. When I do, then it's more work . So I just do the best I can. I try to get back to everybody.

Back