Plasmabooster!

Browni,
No, MacDizzy just confirmed my toughts why this thing doesn't help.

In the whole thread I haven't seen any good theoretical explanation of why this thing would increase the power. Only expalnations that can't be true.
You can't increase the fuel burn speed by increasing the spark power.
You can't heat up the whole mixture charge with just the spark (as Eoin sayd)

Yes, I'm retarded, but not as much as you. Who said I use my ExhaustCalculator2 for designing pipes??? What makes you think that? I spent years in developing all kinds of pipes, they have been used for all kinds of applications, from skiroes to ethanol dragracers. I race at my national trophy, with my pipe, and nearly half of the others use them.
I made excellent pipes, even when they looked like an donkey-ass, but if I wish to sell some, then they also have to look good.

Sure I am retarded too (thank you for your compliment ), but you was the man who don't understand the whole theory, not me!

About the designing. Really? You make those pipes with good software? Than why don't you ask the crankcase volume, the radial attitude of the ports, the combustion chamber's shape, intake systmems's length, etc? Why I see your pipe uses the same diameter and length tail pipe, doesn't matter if it's a 70 or 80 drag or track pipe?? (I measured them in your gallery and saw lot of pictures).

Oh, this is from your site:

1. Purpose of use of the engine.
2. Cylinder properties - exhaust timing, transfers timing, possibly if the cylinder is further tuned.
3. Carburettor diameter
4. Any other major changes on the engine

You are in contradiction with your statment!

The 4th row is nothing concrete, so if I am a customer I can say you everything or nothing...

"I made excellent pipes"

And you are very humble too!

However not all of your customers are pleased! Just read this forum...

"they have been used for all kinds of applications"

I can use a sweeper to a lot of things, to clean a room or for fyling.. :p
But a hoover is better sometimes..

"I race at my national trophy, with my pipe"

Sorry I didn't ask you what do you do in your freetime!

We are very OFF the topic!!! So won't react your next post! If you want to say something "BS" as you said PM me!

Last edited:
Even the best engine designing software in the whole world does not ask if the track is slippery, or if the pilot is nervous. Or you race on a closed kartodrome or on drag sprints. And how does that for example influence the tailpipe diameter.
Bring me one unsatisfied customer comment, I give you 10 customer praises on my pipe performance.

You brought this off-topic, now bring it back by explaining how this booster thing will increase the performance of the engine.

Even the best engine designing software in the whole world does not ask if the track is slippery, or if the pilot is nervous. Or you race on a closed kartodrome or on drag sprints. And how does that for example influence the tailpipe diameter.
Bring me one unsatisfied customer comment, I give you 10 customer praises on my pipe performance.

You brought this off-topic, now bring it back by explaining how this booster thing will increase the performance of the engine.

After I read my comment, it was offensive, but when I saw that you declare a company as a BS, I got exasperated! So I would like to apologize to you! But we absolutly don't agree!!

My target was to show you what does it mean when somebody criticise your product!! Directhits has a lot of satisfied customers too!! However, the directhit product is different form the one that everybody can make!!!

Last edited:
o.k guys...I'll get a proof on this: I will order the stuff today, hopefully I get it in a couple of weeks and I will make some test and let you know.

From my personal point of view: if I test my bike with my NOLOGY or with out it, I CAN'T feel any diference...maybe a dynocan feel it but not me...maybe this little piece is going to be the same shit....

On the directhit page there is a link to a SAE paper.
I've checked this paper by downloading it directly from SAE and it matched.

After reading the SAE article (nr. 2002-01-2839) I must say that I'm convinced this principle isn't bullshit.

It can boost your ignition effiency from less than 1 percent to 50 percent or more, but I still think the actual performance gain for our purposes isn't really worth the effort/money.

Why? Because according to the SAE article, the difference between a resistor and a non resistor spark plug is already a very large efficiency gain from 0.15% to 10%.
From my experience I can garantee you, the difference in engine power between a R and non-R plug is negligible. So it is quite unlikely a further improvent to 50% efficiency will give you considerable more power.

It's advantage must be searched in applications where there are difficulties in igniting the charge because of very lean of rich mixtures.
When a mixture is right, simply said it will burn easy no matter how strong the spark is.

On the directhit page there is a link to a SAE paper.
I've checked this paper by downloading it directly from SAE and it matched.

After reading the SAE article (nr. 2002-01-2839) I must say that I'm convinced this principle isn't bullshit.

It can boost your ignition effiency from less than 1 percent to 50 percent or more, but I still think the actual performance gain for our purposes isn't really worth the effort/money.

Why? Because according to the SAE article, the difference between a resistor and a non resistor spark plug is already a very large efficiency gain from 0.15% to 10%.
From my experience I can garantee you, the difference in engine power between a R and non-R plug is negligible. So it is quite unlikely a further improvent to 50% efficiency will give you considerable more power.

It's advantage must be searched in applications where there are difficulties in igniting the charge because of very lean of rich mixtures.
When a mixture is right, simply said it will burn easy no matter how strong the spark is.

Yes, the direct hit doesn't worth the money, but the custom made, what you can do by yourself is cheap and good method.

I have bought a simular device (Powerball) a few years ago. I've used it a short time but now it's collecting dust. The guy who sold it to me (at the 'vehicle' in Utrecht) also said it will improve the performance of the engine by 10-15%. He showed me with his ignition-divice that the ignitionsystem with the 'Powerball' realy produced a bigger spark. I have a Dynojet at home so I can give concrete results about the posible benefits. If I don't forget it I'll post the results in this topic.

Personally I agree with Joël. It's probably the same as using a Iridium sparkplug. You don't find any real benefits till you have problem's with an ignition. For example when you have a biger bore cilinder, a less ignitable mixture, etc..
@Browni: Before you think I'm retarded too. I don't deny that the theorie is wrong. The opposite actually. I'm only impying that there are more factor's to increase the speed of the flame-front. And that's what this is all about isn't it?

ive heard of this b4, but never knew it was possible on 2strokes, the park mite get too hot though :S blowing a hole in the piston or sumthing similar... im really interested now actually to try this, but.... if it was that great and easy why dont racing plug makers do it already like denso etc.? there must be a reason?

Back