Performance ignitions

pinkymingeo said:
Both the .0531 and .0530 are for HMin. The 31 is for Aerox-type, the 30 for Jog-type. Don't be too sure they'll interchange. I got the MVT Aerox-type and it wouldn't run on my Jog-type scooter. The Polini might be different, but it's an expensive gamble.
whats the diff between a aerox and jog motor, i thought that they would take the same rotor kit.

I thought they would, too. Why Polini lists two different ignitions for Yamaha HMins beats me. Why MVT lists an ignition for some Yamaha HMins and not others also beats me. Why will the MVT run on my Malossi CDI with my inductive tach reading 13K at idle? You got it. Beats me. MVT gives you no info, no specs, no wiring diagram, no nothing. My solution? I have a PVL digital on the way. It'll work, and has a 50W coil, which is plenty.

I've learned one thing about the MVT (since I got rid of it) that I wasn't aware of. I had noticed that it has two, not three wires from the lighting coil. That's a 2-phase coil. Most scooters, and other bikes, use 3-phase. The 3-phase regulator/rectifier on most scooters will not work with the 2-phase. Must be replaced.

I have a gut feeling the MVT wants a DC coil, too. I say that because it was firing multiples with my coil, and the MVT CDI wouldn't fire at all.

Well, I found my personal solution. Kundo/PVL digital. 50W coil. Full DC, with an internal regulator. Comes with a real wiring diagram, and instructions. Hooks right up. Works great. No mystery, no crap.

pinkymingeo said:
Well, I found my personal solution. Kundo/PVL digital. 50W coil. Full DC, with an internal regulator. Comes with a real wiring diagram, and instructions. Hooks right up. Works great. No mystery, no crap.
lol, so you picked up the kundo one. where did you get it from.

pinkymingeo said:
Do you have any pictures?
Didn't even know there were PVL inner-rotors with a lighting coil.

higgi said:
does anyone know how to wire the new polini ignition on a 2004 aerox
Do you want to keep you lights and everything?
Did it come with it's own CDI and bobin/coil?

$aint said:
Do you have any pictures?
Didn't even know there were PVL inner-rotors with a lighting coil.

Do you want to keep you lights and everything?
Did it come with it's own CDI and bobin/coil?

yes it came with a cdi box and coil(do you mean the part witch runs the spark)but i cant follow the instructions and i would like to keep the lights

Sorry, no pics on the Kundo/PVL. I think there's one on the Kundo website. The ignition is very expensive. Retails over 450 euro, and the programming software/kit costs more than the ignition.

pinkymingeo said:
Sorry, no pics on the Kundo/PVL. I think there's one on the Kundo website. The ignition is very expensive. Retails over 450 euro, and the programming software/kit costs more than the ignition.
So it's basically the regular PVL but with an added lighting-coil?

Back