New Stage6 cylinders

Rage

I know nothing
I saw the prototypes of the new cylinders from stage6 over the Saarbrucken custom scooter weekend. They seem to think these will produce more power than the Malossi kits.

[ame="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=2xLeTi15_wM"]YouTube - Stage6 Stage 6 New Cylinders for scooters[/ame]

Last edited:
Advertisement - register to remove this

I saw the prototypes of the new cylinders from stage6 over the Saarbrucken custom scooter weekend. They seem to think these will produce more power than the Malossi kits.

YouTube - Stage6 Stage 6 New Cylinders for scooters

There are some good quality pictures at the dutch section. Seems to be a good kit.
The stud bolt conversion is a good idea, but not new. Now the transfer and exhaust channels can be bigger and better shape. The cylinder looks nice.
I think the cylinder head has a too complex outer shape but it's seems to be good.
However I don't like the deep combustion chamber and the wide squish band, this will be a high rpm race kit I think it needs different combustion chamber, but it's only my personal opinion.
Maybe they copy something from other cylinders.

Last edited:
Looks cool from the outside. Nice with the much shorter studs. Hope it performs good. But i wonder what the price will land? 600€? It wouldn't surprise me!

Looks good and interesting. Got few questions anybody can answer it.

1. What will be the displacement???
2. Will it ba mass produce in EUROPE or outsouce from TAIWAN.
3. Price and availability.

Thanks Guys

However I don't like the deep combustion chamber and the wide squish band, this will be a high rpm race kit I think it needs different combustion chamber, but it's only my personal opinion.

Agree, better they make the kit 20 euro more expensive and give it a good combustion chamber with nice roundings.

Yes.

@ trueOverrev : I red in a forum that the price would be about the same as the MHR Speed 7T cylinder.

Looking forward to seeing these in the shops soon. Design and CAD work is amazing. Im liking the idea of the stud bolts. The engineering of the products look amazing. Anyone got more specs of the timings?

Cant wait to get my hands on one of these!

Last edited:
Looks good and interesting. Got few questions anybody can answer it.

1. What will be the displacement???
2. Will it ba mass produce in EUROPE or outsouce from TAIWAN.
3. Price and availability.

Thanks Guys

"47,6mm and 52mm for original stroke.

52mm in combination with 44mm stroke."

So D=47,6 mm S=39,2/39,3 mm -> 70cc
D=52 mm S=39,2/39,3 mm -> ~84 cc
D=52 mm S=44mm -> ~94 cc

Datas from scooter-attack forum

MOre datas and pictures: http://forum.scooter-attack.com/showthread.php?t=367904&page=13

Last edited:
Hmm, they look...different. What kind of Aluminium is used for the cylinder, it has a weird tone, or just powdercoat? Any prices would be good...and when they will come availible? Is it just me, but it looks as it will cost a lot...(500$+)

Greets xz...

Hmm, they look...different. What kind of Aluminium is used for the cylinder, it has a weird tone, or just powdercoat? Any prices would be good...and when they will come availible? Is it just me, but it looks as it will cost a lot...(500$+)

Greets xz...

They are not real aluminium castings, just a few prototypes made from plastic, they are models.

Sorry, I ment the plastic cylinders :p

Im generally thinking stage6 have come out with some smart stuff of late. The brake disks were a massive hit, then with the introduction of cylinder spacer kits, radial brake calipers and strong cylinderkits. Now with the new stage6 adjustable forks and not to mention these new cylinders, im liking what I see.

Of course I cant judge by a picture but the overall design of these cylinders is taking scootertuning once again to another level. But the fact is stage6 are getting stronger with a better reputation, so I hope these cylinders cut the cheese.
Looking forward to seeing some results, claims of being stronger than malossi cylinders, if they do manage to beat then this will be very interesting.

hi mate

the new stage 6 cylinder will be made by TCR so i think the reliability will not be a problem

You need to read closer, I said the PLASTIC ones wont be reliable ;) Plus no high end cylinder is "reliable" And how would a name make a cylinder more reliable? Of course Team Cristofolini are not only great engineers and got amazing results, but you cant comment on its reliability untill it has been tested.
Not sure if you know but all major high end cylinders have a pretty hard life being run at 14-15k non stop. No nikasil alu cylinder can last a long time, but as the rule of thumb, you can always prolong the life with regular service intervals, good quality oils, high tolerances etc..

Last edited:
Back