new code same old parts?

tiba_karotsu

OVERREV TUNING
browsed thru the malossi online catalog and was surprised to find new code numbers for the MHR Team crank & pipe for the Minarelli horizontal engine & when i looked at the pictures it seems that the cranks is the same one as the 53 9864 crank i'm using and gone was the 32 11206 pipe & was replaced by a new number, i know the new OR vario is way different from the one i use but who cares as long as the old one works just fine.

for those got hold of these "new" MHR Team parts can you confirm if my hunch's correct? also i got me a new MHR inner rotor kit & the only thing that's different was the CDI unit itself which was smaller than the first generation with an EPROM, i was skeptical at first 'coz i thought the one with the EPROM is much better but after some test runs i find both very equal as i noticed no difference in the way my motor ran. the only consolation is that you have an updated ignition system but should if the crank & the pipe both to the same ones under a new code then why bother buying it? sounds like another marketing strategy eh?

Advertisement - register to remove this

tiba_karotsu said:
browsed thru the malossi online catalog and was surprised to find new code numbers for the MHR Team crank & pipe for the Minarelli horizontal engine & when i looked at the pictures it seems that the cranks is the same one as the 53 9864 crank i'm using and gone was the 32 11206 pipe & was replaced by a new number, i know the new OR vario is way different from the one i use but who cares as long as the old one works just fine.

for those got hold of these "new" MHR Team parts can you confirm if my hunch's correct? also i got me a new MHR inner rotor kit & the only thing that's different was the CDI unit itself which was smaller than the first generation with an EPROM, i was skeptical at first 'coz i thought the one with the EPROM is much better but after some test runs i find both very equal as i noticed no difference in the way my motor ran. the only consolation is that you have an updated ignition system but should if the crank & the pipe both to the same ones under a new code then why bother buying it? sounds like another marketing strategy eh?

There is a 2005 version Team crankshaft it's a little bit different than the older one!

Back