*N4S Motorwerx* Hawaii Build!

bigkahuna

Aloha And welcome to my build!
I started this project as a way to have fun and promote drag racing here in Hawaii. We had a great opportunity to do so with the local drag strip. Their venue is a "Saturday night outlaw race" Its basically a open drag strip to any type of vehicle!

So this is what i started with, its called a Arnada. Basically a Taiwan Dio copy. It was cheap and i like the body style!
picture.php

Been collecting some stuff for it over the past months.........
Custom 125cc pipe
picture.php

Some nice wheels

picture.php

engine I built for the bike

117cc
custom 125cc pipe
54mm Bore
51mm crank
33 keihin Carb
Kn KiKaku Large intake
Custom lighten flywheel
Custom stator
Hours of porting and "stuff"

picture.php

First time out

9.42 @ 67 Mph in the 1/8 mile
l_7a1f287819bc934c1e6cb59d4044b842.jpg

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiyJgzotMnw"]YouTube - Moped Scooter Drag Racing = Darin vs. Jordan[/ame]

Well i ran the bike like this trying to get it faster. Best time was 9.2 @ 68mph , untill I killed it! So in my quest to try and make a fast dio motor. I decided to rethink my ways. I knew i wanted something original ,It started with this..

1989 honda elite E frame, with the newer body plastics. This was a way light frame than the original but there was some modifications that was needed to make the plastics work.

l_9c0aa1638a3fdae80d0b1e9a65167e48.jpg

Removed the disk front end set up, figuring that we only run 1/8 of a mile so theres tons of run off to stop. Had to make my own seat mounts, headset bracket and some floor tabs. Got rid of the kool looking wheels and opted for stock ones, way lighter. I wanted it to look as much as possible as a Moped. Rebuilt the motor and added a few more goodies and more porting work. Ended up with this...

l_cb18686758ff1bf76a1bd867bff48b28.jpg

The first time out on this was 9.1@72 mph in the 1/8! What caught me by surprise was the launch. Since it was so much lighter , it picked the front wheel and was carrying it was the 60ft mark at the track! So i had to change my riding position to compensate for the new launch. Deciding what to do, i relocated the gas tank, I thought it was ugly there so i got it under the seat now. and added these.

l_1668674a131c43378ca3ae4e7e840ca4.jpg

l_39ff76d26ba84d6aaaf18b125cac1c56.jpg

lol also found this on ebay for .99 cents, 4.95 shipping

l_0c14961e95f548a0aa59dba572152022.jpg

drags coming up next week. hope it al turns out well! The next step is nitrous, so the wheelie bars had to have been made anyways. I know its not a rocket compared to a minarelli based motor, but its all in fun for me!
thanks for looking
aloha
Darin
album.php

Last edited:
Advertisement - register to remove this

thanks True!
LOL maybe once i get tired of playing with the dio motor ill transplant a minarelli based motor in her!

oh that pulley? LOL it was a mock up motor that i got for free that was sitting in the rain

Last edited:
aloha tiba!
long time no talk! havent seen you on yahoo for awhile!
hope that everything is going good with you there!
aloha
darin

i'm fine Darin, thanks for asking, it's just that YM is a bit facked right now, it's getting hard to log in & it's very frustrating.

so far what other mods have you done to the engine? to be honest that pipe is still wrong for a big stroker engine like yours & the crankcase volume is still too small. have you tried running a smaller carb? is the crankcase fully ported?

yes the motor & Bore is fully ported and stuffed
I have tried smaller carbs on my "other" motor, but not on this one yet.
I have tried other pipe that are avaliable to me and this has the best over performance. IWe dont have a large selection of pipes here.I wish I could get a chamber style like those MSP pipes.. can you find one there for me?

Anything more ideas? Hehe Im always open to suggetions. This next race i was going to try a 30mm carb. You must be reading my notes haha
have fun my friend!
aloha
Darin

yes the motor & Bore is fully ported and stuffed
I have tried smaller carbs on my "other" motor, but not on this one yet.
I have tried other pipe that are avaliable to me and this has the best over performance. IWe dont have a large selection of pipes here.I wish I could get a chamber style like those MSP pipes.. can you find one there for me?

Anything more ideas? Hehe Im always open to suggetions. This next race i was going to try a 30mm carb. You must be reading my notes haha
have fun my friend!
aloha
Darin

finding an MSP chamber pipe is like finding a needle in the haystack my friend, besides even that isn't the best pipe, it's still too small for a big stroker, fine if you're running a 75cc to 86cc engine.

what you need is a real custom pipe, not the "custom" they sell over here & there, nothing custom about it. LOL

Dio tuning parts are becoming scarce, it's all 4stroke over here, very boring. Minarelli & Piaggio engines are the way to go to a faster & more reliable performance.

hahaha 4 strokes... i work on those everyday...

i figure once i get this thing as fast as it will go, il do a minarelli motor. either put it in this frame or make a new bike..

Yo kahuna! wuzz good my friend...
i should give you a tip!
try to take out more juice out of the motor
before you put NOS in it...
you are doin 9.1 in a 1/8 with that little engine
try to hit 8.8 or 8.7 without NOS then
once you hit the 8.sec zone use NOS and you will see
why i am telling you to do such thing!!!
here in pr the record was 7.7 in a 1/8mile
with a 125cc polini engine non-nitrous
but it was to difficult to control since it launched so hard
and it looked like the rear wheel was always jumping
...mmm...i think i am gonna take a visit to hawaii to your area
to test this drag strip on your area with my bikes
and to show what 4-stroke power is all about!
and i could teach you some stuff so' you can do it too!!!

Thats the plan! Try to get into the 8s first then NOS it! I got a few more things i need to try for the next up coming races, so NOS isnt in my plans..."YET"!
HAHA

you have the potential to run faster than most 2T bikes since you are
tuning yours to run in a 1/8 mile,you got potential to hit 8.4 8.3 in that
engine because i did a 2stroke engine a couple of years ago and it was a 115cc engine
and it ran 8.42 @ 77.MPH it had one hell of a launch! but i didn't know too much about 2stroke's and i still don't know too much bout them but they are not rocket science jejejejeje....just imagine that we have a 2stroke engine that just broke records in PR by running 6.53 seconds in the 1/8 mile at 104MPH
and it is on my team! jajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajaja!!!
just imagine the launch that it has!!!!

yo' Darin! wuzz good?
how is your bike doing?
any new records?
hope u have touched the 8.seconds zone!
i would like you to sendme your postal address
thru a P.M so' i could send you a movie that
we took from differrent dragstrips here in Puerto Rico
all based on scooters! running 1/8mile under the 7.seconds
and 8.seconds low... but its something cool that i made
so' SEnd me a P.M to contact you!

PEACE!-:-