my new carb

The TA-09 is a carb that is 26mm at venturi and then it taps out to 32mm manifold side.

I have sold my old TA-09 the carb was adjust to a 28mm all the way and it was a fine carb on my speed T7. the gashandling was super nice.

here a couple of pics of my old TA-09

PC140119.jpg

P7010144.jpg

keihinta091.jpg

My TA-09 was modified the same as Sonic Tuning. I said increase of power after reaching top power in my last post. But i ment, decreasing.
So, the TA-09 has a little less top end power than a PWK28. But that was about 0.3 HP, so that's not a big difference(unimportant if you ask me) but most important after reaching its top power, the power decreases much faster than a pwk28. So thats why i've sold my TA-09.

Anyway, the carb you use is diffrent than the TA-09 i drove, and it's possible that it runs beter on your engine than on mine. You knever know!

My TA-09 was modified the same as Sonic Tuning. I said increase of power after reaching top power in my last post. But i ment, decreasing.
So, the TA-09 has a little less top end power than a PWK28. But that was about 0.3 HP, so that's not a big difference(unimportant if you ask me) but most important after reaching its top power, the power decreases much faster than a pwk28. So thats why i've sold my TA-09.

Anyway, the carb you use is diffrent than the TA-09 i drove, and it's possible that it runs beter on your engine than on mine. You knever know!

i see, so what you meant was the modified TA09 you had was making less power after peak hp rpm (overrev), i think this has to do with the inlet tract length of the carb from the bellmouth to the outlet, visualy it's much longer than the PWK but by how much i'll find out soon enough when i measure it.

i know this may be a little of topic but this is a recent thread and the discussion is on carburators.

is there a major difference in preformance when comparing a metal manifold with a rubber manifold.

for me it just seems that metal being the more durable of the two would be the more popular choice. (not to mention you could find them pretty cheap)

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Benell-MBK-Yamah...ryZ25640QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

however i do notice that many metal manifolds are slightly longer than the rubber manifolds and i read that this can shorten throttle response.

is there any other disadvantages that a metal manifold would have compared to a rubber one.

@ tiba good move i was just about to say ignore him because your only entertaining him with your advice.

Last edited:
My setup will be the same as his before too long, so why the hell would i not want to start practice tunning the 28mm carb? yea, I know, it will be different from cylinder to cylinder, but to just know your way arround the carb is a plus.

Is this guy for real? Gosh.... Such ignorance

i know this may be a little of topic but this is a recent thread and the discussion is on carburators.

is there a major difference in preformance when comparing a metal manifold with a rubber manifold.

for me it just seems that metal being the more durable of the two would be the more popular choice. (not to mention you could find them pretty cheap)

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Benell-MBK-Yamah...ryZ25640QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

however i do notice that many metal manifolds are slightly longer than the rubber manifolds and i read that this can shorten throttle response.

is there any other disadvantages that a metal manifold would have compared to a rubber one.

Frank, metal manifolds will expand when your engine is heating up. If your carb slides IN the metal manifold, then it could fall out when it heats up or pull false air.

Back