my AEROX project. any better idea's

G'day DME3 i saw you were online and i just wanted to say g'day, and say, all the parts are on there way, so in about 10 days i should have them, i will tell you how it all went once she has arrived and all put on,
Thanks again mate for helping me, and with the order and all my questions.
no doubt i will be back asking more.
Take care

Any questions are welcome! Succes with mounting the parts!!

Hi

Hello all. My name is Andrew. I too am from Australia. Melbourne to be exact. I am interested in some mods for my aerox 50 as well.
How does this setup sound?

Polini corsa 70ccm
larger inlet manifold
carbon reeds
21mm dell'orto carb
yasuni R

Some questions.
What variator and clutch is recommended for street use?
Is it possible to get 120km/h to speed from this engine setup with stock variator and clutch (unrestricted) or will I need to remove the rpm limiter? (new cdi)
Will a new variator and clutch lift my top speed?

Thank you all kindly for your help.
Andrew

Hello all. My name is Andrew. I too am from Australia. Melbourne to be exact. I am interested in some mods for my aerox 50 as well.

Polini corsa 70ccm
larger inlet manifold
carbon reeds
21mm dell'orto carb
yasuni R

Some questions.
Is it possible to get 120km/h to speed from this engine setup with stock variator and clutch (unrestricted) or will I need to remove the rpm limiter?
(new cdi)

Andrew

The corsa is a verry good cilinder but a bit overpriced.

Carbon reeds are a must since they don't destroy the cilinder when they break off.

Larger manifold isn't needed, the standard one is just big enough for a 21mm. I would recommend a 17,5mm carb (or a 19mm if you that little more bottom end power) on that setup to reduce fuel consumption.

With a stock variator you won't be able to get 120km/h 'cause the stock one is built like sh*t. I have a doppler S2BR. This one is larger than the stock variator and almost as large as an MHR vario (which is used for racing).

Hebo has some good clutches (the adjustable racing type) for your setup.

If you need an RPM restrictor depends on which year your scooter is built.

Yasuni R is a good exhaust for this setup.

Most important: you need a stronger (racing) crankshaft for this setup and while you're at it place new bearings. The stock crank isn't strong enough for 70cc power.

edit: even with this setup 120km/h is highly unlikely. I think a little over 100km/h will be max.

Polini corsa 70ccm
larger inlet manifold
carbon reeds
21mm dell'orto carb
yasuni R

Some questions.
Is it possible to get 120km/h to speed from this engine setup with stock variator and clutch (unrestricted) or will I need to remove the rpm limiter? (new cdi)

Andrew

G'day Andrew,
it's good to hear from fellow Aussie's,
first i should ask what year is your scoot? because some of the older aerox's are not restricted in the CDI,
2nd. if you put a 70cc kit on, it's best to change the crank and bearings so you don't seize them, as you would with the original parts, because they are made of weaker metals, since they were not designed to go that fast as stock. + your need to change your gear setup, and and and, it's a lot of work!!!!
it's not so cheap when you decide to up your cc's, if you do it properly.

As for the clutch, clutch behaviour only affects acceleration, and not speed, so it helps from a standing start,to acceleration out of corners, it makes the scoot more responsive. Also tighten your twist grips free play now, so you have more feel on your hand, there is to much free play on scooters as stock.

ok the variator, this is where i had so much pain, trying to find out which one would suit me best,put it this way the variator is the heart of your scooter. if you dont want to lose your electric start you can go for what i got malossi517075, but if you want that higher top speed you will need the Overrange kit.

exhaust is sweet.the Yas R, and the carbie will be ok but you will need a different air filter.

I should say, if you dont do it right the first time it will cost you more in the long run. Have you thought about getting a bigger scooter, i am originaly from Melbourne too. and i know what those roads are like, if you are only doing short trips or staying around and under 80kph the aerox will be sweet, but if you are always doing HWY trips get somthing bigger, the setup i am doing will be a cruiser at 80kph and top 90-95kph flat stick. perfect for the Gold Coast. Where in Melbourne are you from.
Anyway dude, somthing for you to think about.

Take care.
Adrian.

Also put you own post up and get some replies, so you can get other opinions.

Also put you own post up and get some replies, so you can get other opinions.

How do I do that?

The scooter is a 2005 aerox 50. Is this a cat model?

Thank you both for your responses.
Would it be best to use a 10mm gudgeon crank or go for the larger 12mm?
Is the reason that the electric start has to be removed be because the overrange variator is larger and fouls the starter? Or will it fit without mods?

Any other tips?
I will be only doing around 80 most of the time but like to have the potential to squirt down the freeway for a few k's at the speed limit (100km/h)
100-110 km/h will probably be fine.

So, in addition to me existing parts list (minus the larger intake) what should I get? Brand names and models would be of huge help.

Variator? Malossi, Do kits include the variator and clutch or just pulleys?
Clutch? Can i get away with stock?
Belt?
Crank?
Gear up kit? If yes, What ratio

Will a hebo clutch come with a choice of both shoe springs and the other spring that returns the flange (can't remember it's name)?

Does the malossi overrange variator come with an assortment of roller weights? Will it fit without
Can I get 100 km/h with a variator that allows me to keep the electric start?

Thank you all again for your help.

P.S I'm from near Dandenong but am in the city most of the time.

Last edited:
How do I do that?

The scooter is a 2005 aerox 50. Is this a cat model?

Thank you both for your responses.
Would it be best to use a 10mm gudgeon crank or go for the larger 12mm?
Is the reason that the electric start has to be removed be because the overrange variator is larger and fouls the starter? Or will it fit without mods?

Any other tips?
I will be only doing around 80 most of the time but like to have the potential to squirt down the freeway for a few k's at the speed limit (100km/h)
100-110 km/h will probably be fine.

So, in addition to me existing parts list (minus the larger intake) what should I get? Brand names and models would be of huge help.

Variator? Malossi, Do kits include the variator and clutch or just pulleys?
Clutch? Can i get away with stock?
Belt?
Crank?
Gear up kit? If yes, What ratio

Will a hebo clutch come with a choice of both shoe springs and the other spring that returns the flange (can't remember it's name)?

Does the malossi overrange variator come with an assortment of roller weights? Will it fit without
Can I get 100 km/h with a variator that allows me to keep the electric start?

Thank you all again for your help.

P.S I'm from near Dandenong but am in the city most of the time.

A Dandy boy hey!!! I lived on Stud Rd near the Dandy Plaza, hahaha small world.
and also Sth Clayton.

Anyway back to this, i would stick to one brand so they go insinc but that's me, and i go for Malossi, or Polini.

Variator overrange? Malossi, kits include's the variator, belt, pulley, variator spring and rollers 2 types, i cant remember which size's.
Clutch? I would get a new one, a delta clutch.
Belt? with overrange.
Crank? 10pin.
Gear up kit? I dont know.

The overrange is larger so you lose the elecric start, only with a sport variator you dont.

G'day DME3
I finally got my parts and there all on, she goes great. just one problem, the 17.5 carbs main jet is a bit rich i think, would you know what size to change it to.

Maybe I can help you with that question since no one else is replying ;).
The problem on jetting is that its different on every scooter (even if they have the same parts), so the only thing you can do is try some jets.
When you got the right jet your spark plug's collor will be light brown (like cofee with milk).
If the jet is to big your spark plug will be black, and if the jet is to small the collor wil be white.
I know its not a big help but i'm afraid you'll have to try some jets and see what works best for your scooter.
If I HAD to put a number on it I would say that the size should be around 70-75 but like I said before it could be somthing completely different.

Good luck ;)

Maybe I can help you with that question since no one else is replying ;).
The problem on jetting is that its different on every scooter (even if they have the same parts), so the only thing you can do is try some jets.
When you got the right jet your spark plug's collor will be light brown (like cofee with milk).
If the jet is to big your spark plug will be black, and if the jet is to small the collor wil be white.
I know its not a big help but i'm afraid you'll have to try some jets and see what works best for your scooter.
If I HAD to put a number on it I would say that the size should be around 70-75 but like I said before it could be somthing completely different.

Good luck ;)

would you know if Aerox's use the same brake PADS for the back and front or are they different? and would you knoe the sizes.

could someone give me a yes or a no to weather the cdi is restricted on an aerox. an what exhaust would you recomened for a standard aerox what size jet and what weight rollers do i need to purchase to get the most out of my exhaust. cheres

could someone give me a yes or a no to whether the cdi is restricted on an aerox. an what exhaust would you recomened for a standard aerox what size jet and what weight rollers do i need to purchase to get the most out of my exhaust. cheres

Trust me, it's a BIG no. I just went through the same drama with the CDI and forked out $220 bucks for nothing. I got the Malossi RPM control, and all the cdi does restrict it. you flick a switch off and it restricts the speed, slows the bike right down. so if you want to lend it to someone and you dont want them to crash your beast. flick the switch and they go nowhere fast.

The jet cant be changed with models after '03' they use a different carb and you cant buy jets for them. but you can drill it if you want. i dont know the drill size.

exhaust yasuni r is awsome i love mine, give it a coat of clear to stop the rust and your rocking.

weights buy a few different sets, and see what set up you like best. from 5g to 7g

Tell me what exhaust you have and what variator you use.

Trust me, it's a BIG no. I just went through the same drama with the CDI and forked out $220 bucks for nothing. I got the Malossi RPM control, and all the cdi does restrict it. you flick a switch off and it restricts the speed, slows the bike right down. so if you want to lend it to someone and you dont want them to crash your beast. flick the switch and they go nowhere fast.

The jet cant be changed with models after '03' they use a different carb and you cant buy jets for them. but you can drill it if you want. i dont know the drill size.

exhaust yasuni r is awsome i love mine, give it a coat of clear to stop the rust and your rocking.

weights buy a few different sets, and see what set up you like best. from 5g to 7g

Tell me what exhaust you have and what variator you use.

at the minute im using a technigas next exhuast and just the standard variator with non standard weights, think they are 4.7g, and the rest of the bike is standard and it has realy realy fast acceleration(beats a few of my friends 70cc's)but the exhaust is nearly a gonner due to rust but it does arround 55-60mph which i think is ok for a near standard 50cc. my aerox is a 2000 modle so can i change the jet then? and to what size?

Please Help

Hi, I have recently got an aerox 100 and have done some mods. I have:

new variator
Kevlar drive belt
Polini racing clutch
polini gear up kit
malossi 125 big bore kit
(cheap) powerpipe

It is a little quicker but nothing AMAZINGLY noticeable, I think i may need to get a new carb for it as im running the standard one at the mo.

will a new carb make a big difference?
Could i get away with a bigger jet and needle?
Where can i get it?

Also i am very interested in any tips people may have to make my baby quicker. Currently top speed around 65mph acceleration is improved but not AMAZING!

Thank you all very much kind regards.

Back