my AEROX project. any better idea's

aeroxage

my project

i am about to start my first scooter project and this is how it goes...
and it's for street use only.

Malossi Multivar 517075

Malossi Delta clutch 529451

Malossi Kevlar belt 6112729

Malossi Reed cage 277731

Malossi Red sponge 1411412

Malossi RPM control 5512790

Yasuni R Carbon-Kevlar Exhaust Ya902ck

Malossi 17.5mm Carburetor 729215

Malossi clutch saftey basket 7711167

Malossi HT rolls 16x13 5.5g 6.0g 6.5g 6698231

Malossi variator spring Yellow 297045

Koso speedometer KO025

High Jacker kit ac502602

Kiesler rear hugger ks100003

TNT white mesh 30x30cm ac093583

If anyone has any better ideas?
please feel free to tell...

it will all help

Last edited:
Advertisement - register to remove this

Those malossi performance parts are realy not necessary with a Leo ZX.

What do you want with your scoot? A real project (sprints, race) or a street setup (50 or 70cc)?

DME3 it will stay a 50cc for now, and if i later want to put a 70cc kit it half way there, and as i said, it will be for street use only,

so tell me your ideas? what pipe would suit

You wont feel any different with thoose malossi stuff @ your 50cc standard cylinder.. When you have midrace you may feel some.

DME3 it will stay a 50cc for now, and if i later want to put a 70cc kit it half way there, and as i said, it will be for street use only,

so tell me your ideas? what pipe would suit

I would go for a yasuni R or something like that. Does well on both 50 and 70cc.

You wont feel any different with thoose malossi stuff @ your 50cc standard cylinder.. When you have midrace you may feel some.

Litta what do you mean i wont feel ant different, so what do you suggest then. and what do you mean for midrace, give examples???

Litta means that those malossi parts won't add extra power on a street setup. Cheaper parts will have the same effect. Midrace are setups like stage6 racing with Yasuni C16 for example.

For street use only I would go for the following setup.

DR70 or Stage6 Sport Pro 70cc
Power One crankcase pin10 with SKF C3 bearings
Yasuni R exhaust*
Dell'orto 17,5mm* or 19mm (with the standard airfilter and malossi sponge if you like)
Standard reedcage with malossi carbon reeds
Doppler S2BR vario*
Hebo clutch

You can start with the parts marked with a *
The other parts are needed with a 70cc cilinder.

Litta means that those malossi parts won't add extra power on a street setup. Cheaper parts will have the same effect. Midrace are setups like stage6 racing with Yasuni C16 for example.

For street use only I would go for the following setup.

DR70 or Stage6 Sport Pro 70cc
Power One crankcase pin10 with SKF C3 bearings
Yasuni R exhaust*
Dell'orto 17,5mm* or 19mm (with the standard airfilter and malossi sponge if you like)
Standard reedcage with malossi carbon reeds
Doppler S2BR vario*
Hebo clutch

You can start with the parts marked with a *
The other parts are needed with a 70cc cilinder.

DME3 but does'nt cheaper mean not as good quality, whats wrong with malossi, is there somthing i need to know?

and if later i want to add a 70 kit what else would i need beside the carby and cylinder.

what i really want to know and nobody can tell me is, the cdi is that a must, right? since the original is restricted, and is it somthing as easy as, you just unplug the old and plug in the new RMP control, or is there more to it.

The original CDI isn't restricted. The RPM control is a rev limiter to fool the police when the control the speed of the scooter.

Malossi parts are not over better quality, but build differently (lighter in weight etc). Durability is somewhat less. Since on a street setup you need reliability (and since you won't notice that your variator is 3,4596 grams lighter than an other one), you need to find a part that matches your wishes.

What you need when you wish to mount a 70cc, are the parts not marked with * This is: a good crank, the cilinder, carbon reeds.

It's good the use a 17,5mm carb on a stnd cilinder aswel. This gives a but more bottom power.

Ps: it 's best to delete the topic in the other forum. Cross-posting can result in warning-point. 4 points means a ban for 2 weaks ;)

The original CDI isn't restricted. The RPM control is a rev limiter to fool the police when the control the speed of the scooter.
;)

I dont understand that.

DME3 can you please tell me, what is the exact use of a CDI, how does it work? and would i need one for somereason, like launch off at the lights, what does it do?
I am asking this because, befor i found this site, i read in somany different sites, that first thing to do to an Aerox is, get rid of all the restrictors (exhaust, vario stop) and change the CDI, because it has a limiter. so change it and the bike is a dream.
Hey what can i say, i want the dream too (and a bit more!!!).

this might be a silly question, but i will ask anyway. What will make the bike do wheellies, how do i get that power to the back wheel????

Thanks for telling me about cross-posting, i did not know.

And thanks for helping me learn a thing or two DME3

The CDI aranges the ignition. It tell's the sparkplug when to discharge (to make a spark).
The malossi CDI might be usefull if you want to have a high end setup (like Polini EVO or Malossi MHR) and keep your standard egnition (most people use an inner rotor on such setups).

The Malossi CDI with RPM control (it has a special switch to turn on and off) reduces the number of "sparks" per minute, so the scooter runs slower (if in your country a scooter can't run faster than lets say 45km/h, you can fool the police with this RPM control).

Making a wheely is more an exercise in balancing. To have an auto wheely you'll need power.
With the setup it mentioned above, auto-wheelies are possible IF you can fine tune the engine propperly. If you don't fine tune it, it will run like shit.

The CDI aranges the ignition. It tell's the sparkplug when to discharge (to make a spark).
The malossi CDI might be usefull if you want to have a high end setup (like Polini EVO or Malossi MHR) and keep your standard egnition (most people use an inner rotor on such setups).

The Malossi CDI with RPM control (it has a special switch to turn on and off) reduces the number of "sparks" per minute, so the scooter runs slower (if in your country a scooter can't run faster than lets say 45km/h, you can fool the police with this RPM control).

Making a wheely is more an exercise in balancing. To have an auto wheely you'll need power.
With the setup it mentioned above, auto-wheelies are possible IF you can fine tune the engine propperly. If you don't fine tune it, it will run like shit.

Sweet, it sounds really good. Thanks for that, i totaly get it now.
so you use the RPM control so you dont lose you lights when street riding, instead of the inner rotor whice is for race. right
so how do you set it up, and tune the RPM Control CDI, do you just plug it in and off you go, or do you have to change the timming and electricals.

In Australia 50cc are not meant to go over 50km/h, so how do i set this up.

DME3 you know so much, what do you do for work

I study economics at the University of Leuven (belgium) :p

There is a little screw to turn. If you turn left for example it runs slower, turn right faster. You should turn it around a little until you reach the speed you want it to run when the police controls it (when turned off, it runs just as fast as with the standard CDI). The malossi is plug and play, just hide the switch in a good place. A rev-limiter is illegal!

Don't know how the police is over there, but if the see a racing exhaust overhere an the scooter runs 50km/h they take it wit them for technical expection (resulting a large fines, confiscation of your tuningparts and scooter).

I study economics at the University of Leuven (belgium) :p

There is a little screw to turn. If you turn left for example it runs slower, turn right faster. You should turn it around a little until you reach the speed you want it to run when the police controls it (when turned off, it runs just as fast as with the standard CDI). The malossi is plug and play, just hide the switch in a good place. A rev-limiter is illegal!

Don't know how the police is over there, but if the see a racing exhaust overhere an the scooter runs 50km/h they take it wit them for technical expection (resulting a large fines, confiscation of your tuningparts and scooter).

over here unless you act like an idiot, there ok. step out and your f#$%ed. you just have to be smart.

Mate you have been a gem, and have help me heaps.
Thankyou.
i will probably think of somthing else tomorrow.

If they're so relaxed (the cops I mean ;) ), I wouldn't buy the RPM control and use the standard CDI. It sounds like if you only drive fast when there's no traffic, you won't be bothered. With the extra cash (those CDI aren't cheap) you can buy other stuff.

Forums like this are there to help people :)
Everything I know, I have from this forum ;)

If they're so relaxed (the cops I mean ;) ), I wouldn't buy the RPM control and use the standard CDI. It sounds like if you only drive fast when there's no traffic, you won't be bothered. With the extra cash (those CDI aren't cheap) you can buy other stuff.

Forums like this are there to help people :)
Everything I know, I have from this forum ;)

DME3 what did you mean by "i wouldn't buy the RPM control and use the standard CDI".

2nd. How can i find out weather my motor is a euro 1 or 2 setup. the yamaha dealer did not know. is the somewhere ont the bike that tells you. The vin numbers is stamped 09/2005

I mean, if the cops do not control the speed the RPM control isn't necessary. But if you want to play safe, you can always buy it.

I don't know what euro1 or euro2 means... Maybe it has something to do with katalysators in the standard exhaust (to reduce CO2 emmisions). I don't think there's a difference when you buy tuning gear.
Just look if the parts mention the year of construction of your bike (it could be that for example the CDI of an aerox of 2000 has different conections then one from 2005, then you should buy the one for yourbike!).
But things like cilinders, exhausts, carburators etc are all the same. Those are parts that match all scooters with a minarelli horizontal engineblock (an aerox uses this engineblock ;) ).

I mean, if the cops do not control the speed the RPM control isn't necessary. But if you want to play safe, you can always buy it.

I don't know what euro1 or euro2 means... Maybe it has something to do with katalysators in the standard exhaust (to reduce CO2 emmisions). I don't think there's a difference when you buy tuning gear.
Just look if the parts mention the year of construction of your bike (it could be that for example the CDI of an aerox of 2000 has different conections then one from 2005, then you should buy the one for yourbike!).
But things like cilinders, exhausts, carburators etc are all the same. Those are parts that match all scooters with a minarelli horizontal engineblock (an aerox uses this engineblock ;) ).

what would you buy a TC UNIT instead?

and why i asked about the euro1 or 2, is because there are two different versions of the RPM control.

and S.I.P also say in there cataloge this,
As a rule, YAMAHA fly wheels are built into MINARELLI motors. Some series, unfortunately not registered with a vehicle identification number, are fitted with fly wheels from FACIND MITSUBA and DUCATI. For these manufacturers, we have color coded alternative articles.

only for YAMAHA fly wheel

So what does that mean

The older Yamaha's indeed had a ducati fly wheel (this is a part from your ignition, the part that spins around).
Your scooter is from 2005, so it must have a Yamaha fly wheel.

I wouldn't buy a tc unit, since the standard CDI isn't restricted.
I would buy an CDI with RPM control if you fear the polici for a speed control. But since you mentioned that they can't be bothered if you drive propperly, I wouldn't buy one.

Back