my 180cc street toy

Of course, 28mm carb is waiting to be fitted but weather is getting worse and colder so maybe it'll wait for the spring, we'll see.

I had to do some intake/ manifold mods and now engine is ready to be fitted on the frame to test new cylinder layout, probably tomorrow if damn rain stops.

Here are few pics of stage6 aluminum manifold, out of the box it looks like shit but after some grinding and modifying it looks like a decent manifold.

ResizeofDSC06952.jpg

ResizeofDSC06953.jpg

ResizeofDSC06954.jpg

Unfortunately I don't have a mounting flange for the s6 manifold which stock carb would fit in, so I'll have to use stock manifold until I decide to change to 28mm.
It will be a nice combo when used with vforce3 reed cage stuffer, this way I am using the vforce3 without the stuffer coz stock manifold has square outlet.

So nice amount of torque gained with cylinder porting, still tweaking transmission as I now need heavier rollers. Had some problems with crank oil seal leaking air, but fixed it.
Cheers.

i really like this project, firefox is my favorit scooter.. seeing this make my hands itching... would like to build something like this too..

but 1 qeustion, where/what did you do to the frontcap? (plastic) why did you cut it so ugly... this project would be perfect, if you mounted the rest of the ORIGINAL plastic

ey narx
what kind of size nozzle do you have in your 28mm carb
just 2 give me an idea what 2 start with
maybe you can pm me.
thanks mate
art

Hi, I haven't tried to set up the carb yet because it's too cold for messing with the carb, will wait for the warmer days.

Jp-tuning.... I like the look of the bike with cut front fairing and it also wouldn't be possible to fit the radiator.

ok i can understand that ,mine also aint ready for roaduse
there are parts all over the place and i'm still working on all kinds of things.we'll talk more i like how you do everything yourself looks real good man.keep up the good work
art

Yeah, sure, feel free to ask whatever you like.
I don't have problem riding the bike when it's cold, got plenty of gear, but also I know the feeling when you spill the gasoline on your hands at 5 degree outside temperature, not much of a pleasure :)

hey man nice pics good quality
its lookin real good.
i'm also lookin around what can really boost up my performance
i've seen a crankshaft by pm tuning and it has a longer stroke
do you have any idea what that will do for my performance,tehn you get like a 5 mm alu spacer for under the cilinder
i know how 2 build a scooter but i'm still learning about tuning.
and i can see you know what your doing.and asking didnt hurt anybody asfar as i know.
i really like how you do everything yourself
i'll keep lookin in on your project
greetz art

hey man nice pics good quality
its lookin real good.
i'm also lookin around what can really boost up my performance
i've seen a crankshaft by pm tuning and it has a longer stroke
do you have any idea what that will do for my performance,tehn you get like a 5 mm alu spacer for under the cilinder
i know how 2 build a scooter but i'm still learning about tuning.
and i can see you know what your doing.and asking didnt hurt anybody asfar as i know.
i really like how you do everything yourself
i'll keep lookin in on your project
greetz art

The PM tuning crankshaft is actually a Jasil (Top racing) crankshaft like the BGM or Sceed42 cranks you can find them at scooter-center.com

The standard storke in Piaggio maxi engine is 52 mm, the PM and the BGM has a 55 mm stroker crankshaft, but because the difference is 3 mm in stoke, you need only 3mm / 2 =1,5 mm thicker gasket than your standard (the standard base gaskets are between 0,2-0,8 mm) the thickness you need is 1,5-2,5 mm. 5 mm spacer is not necessary!

Last edited:
Nice project man...

But why the long intake manifold? why not using a malossi straight manifold? its much shorter and will give you al lot more gas reaction... or did you already mentioned it and i did'nt read it? :*

hey narxie

hope i can soon start my beast up
going next month 2 get the carter and cilinder tuned en install the new crankshaft.
funny movies by the way on internet
i wish you the best in the coming year
greetings from rotterdam/holland
art

Thanks buddy, all the best to you too!!
Don't forget to post some pics of the engine and bike when you finish it.
I am waiting for some big vforce reed cage to uprade it a bit, and maybe will be fitting a new crank for the new season, we'll see +ralf+

ow cool man i'm also thinking about getting that thing is it the one from mmw racing on sip scootershop.than you can fit a big vforce.i mailed sip scootershop 2 send me some info about how 2 mount it and if they got any other info about the kit.i cant see by lookin at the pic how 2 mount it
its a pretty investment but if it will return it in some extra hp its worth it
if i can ever help you maybe with getting stuff that you cant get a hold of overthere let me know.good luck my friend
art

Nope, I won't be using any adapter for the reed cage, I'll be putting it directly on the crankcase, probably some heavy modding will be needed. As far as the guy told me this is a vforce from some 80cc honda dirt bike so I don't know exactly how big it is until I get it and then will see what I'll have to do to make it fit, should be here in a week or so.
In my opinion bigger reed cage should be a way to go.

ok nice.make sure 2 post some pics of the progress.
i'm going in partymode for the next few days so happy new year and best of wishes.
greet art

Back