MRD intake manifold (niuwe)

tiba_karotsu

OVERREV TUNING
just newly arrived from Spain this new MRD intake manifold will replace my tuned KOSO intake manifold, the intake runner is already big & it can support carb sizes up to 32mm.

i shall test this with my current 28mm carb to see if it will help a bit, the runner is much straighter than many manifolds on the market (MHR shortneck is the straightest) so i think this will have better airflow to the reedcage cavity.

there could be some little mismatches to the VL14 reedvalve but nothing an epoxy & a grinder couldn't fix, got this from MikkoR himself it came with a factory tuned PR2 kit & MRD custom prorace pipe for dragracing.

MRD%20001.jpg

MRD%20002.jpg

MRD%20003.jpg

MRD%20004.jpg

MRD%20005.jpg

Advertisement - register to remove this

this is cheaper than the MHR shortneck rubber manifold & it's nearly the ideal manifold i was looking for to use with a 30mm carb, with a few adjustments it'll work nicely.

I think its a bit long.
Why dont you make a manifold/inlet of your own?

/Swobber

PS: I'd rather see some pictures of your new kit and exhaust! :~

well it's much shorter than my previous KOSO manifold & much straighter, i don't like making intake manifolds especially from sheetmetal takes a lot of time to do so i'd rather buy something that's close to one i need, i will show pics of the manifold mounted on the engine.

Swobber said:
PS: I'd rather see some pictures of your new kit and exhaust! :~

LOL! dude the MRD tuned PR2 kit & custom prorace pipe isn't mine it's for MikkoR's Metrakit Yamaha Jog sprinter/road racing scoot i think you should ask him for pics but i doubt if he will show the factory tuned kit & pipe from MRD.

anyway here's the MRD manifold mounted on my Yamaha Jog, look at how wigh the carb is compared to the old KOSO carb.

MRD%20jog3.jpg

MRd%20jog2.jpg

it's not that long as you think when you look at it in this perspective. :)

the racetrack will prove which is faster but now we have a common goal; beat Gerry Quinones' 95cc Dio G dragscooters in the 90cc class, MikkoR has a very formidable set-up don't underestimate his scooter he might pull off a surprise next time he comes out racing. ;)

Last edited:
update on the manifold, i have tested the scooter this afternoon the power was awesome! this manifold is worth every penny that i paid for it had better response plus blowback was kept to a minimum, my rider felt the rush of power that it lacked before the swap, i also rejetted the carb leaner & added 0,3grams to the total weight & feedback was positive not only the rpm drop was gone the motor felt i can pull heavier weights so we'll be testing tomorrow at the long track (402m) to get the ET & calibrate the rollers further, i hope to lower my previous best ET with my new set-up the race is on march26 we'll see if a 70cc can still beat those 95cc strokers at their own class, i like being the underdog. :D

That manifold looks really nice! I'm thinking about buying one myself if i just could get it from some shop.
Well good luck with your scoot!

Back