Mikuni TMX27 problem

SR150

Hello everyone

I have one big problem connected to adjusting Mikuni TMX 27,

I have this setup:

Malossi 172 AC
Modified airbox (with two holes of 27mm, and reduced air flow path)
Jolly moto 172 pipe
Mikuni TMX 27 standard setup (power jet is closed, main jet 175, idle jet 30, needle 6E20)

ON full throttle I have pefect mixture of air and fuel, so i think the main jet is ok, ¾ hole throttle is also fine, problem cames at ¼ and ½ throttle where mixture is very rich, I put needle 6E20 in lowest position and still isn't good, I have feeling that, with that needle I won't be able getting good performaces on less open throttle. After passed 100 km, fuel spending is betwen 9 and 10L and I think is far too much and for main cause I woud say it is too rich mixture on lower levels open throttle.

With me in Croatian people have no experience with Mikuni carb, I have been using Dellorto carburetor..........I guess the problem is in the needle, but I do not know who would possibly be good and if it might still need to change something else?!

Thank you very much and sorry for bad english :)

Advertisement - register to remove this

If someone can tell me to give information that needle jets and needles match my carburetor, or if someone have needle chart, and needle jets chart for my Mikuni TMX 27 carburetor...........I can not find on the internet, so far I've only had experience with Dellorto carburettor ;(

In addition to my PM make sure the floater level is correct! Do this before you start any other modifications. Setting it a little lower also leans out the mixture at low throttle openings.

In addition to my PM make sure the floater level is correct! Do this before you start any other modifications. Setting it a little lower also leans out the mixture at low throttle openings.

What is correct float level in milimeters?

Back