Malossi Intake Manifold
XSH -DPR - C30 Replica Pipe (80cc)
Polini SS9 Variator
Malossi Rear Pulley System
Delta Clutch 107mm
Malossi Wingbell
Dellorto 26mm Carb

*Crankcase is Heavily Tuned

* Cylinder kit will receive no porting at all, just smoothening of the port areas

* Minarelli Engine mounted on a Beta Ark

With these parts properly installed what HP should i be expecting???

Advertisement - register to remove this

you hear that TO? he said more than 20hp, what's important is how that power is delivered, our 70cc is a peaky bastard & the Beta Ark is no lightweight scooter so we need the power of a bigger cc engine, torque is more important in this case & not just hp numbers.

btw it's a PHBL25 carb not a PHBH26.

Metrakit prorace exhaust works good on this cylinder. It has a lot of torque and very usefull power but not very much. You must be thinking about 21-22.

I would use a Malossi MHR variator, a 28mm keihin/or replica and another pipe. just a genuine yasuni c21.

with the current setup it's already very fast as it is, he hasn't topped out his beta ark yet (i did & it was very fast).

it's already got an SS9 Evo vario which works very well, we have a genuine Keihin PWK28 but it will do him no good if he couldn't max out his old engine setup, we also have a Yasuni C21 which is current pipe.

all he wants is more acceleration, it doesn't matter if it sacrifices a bit of top speed in the process.

What about shorter gearing?

yes we thought about that but his scooter is also being used for long rides & shorter gearing would make the engine rev too high at highway speeds so shorter gearing is out of the question, it's got Malossi 13/44 primary gears mated to the stock secondary gear (10,4:1 RF).

the answer to his needs is more torque in the midrange, this is something easily done with a bigger engine but we don't plan on increasing the stroke as it would be additional work for me so the simplest solution is the BB 77cc, it just needs a minor port work on the carters but other than that a bolt on fit.

yes, than that is the best idea. You could test some stuff to get the most torque.
I am also not a great fan of the v-force. Why don't you try a vl14?

yes, than that is the best idea. You could test some stuff to get the most torque.
I am also not a great fan of the v-force. Why don't you try a vl14?

with VL14 i need a spacer for it to work as the edge of the reedcage is too close to the crankshaft & with the limited space under the ark frame the carb is already very near the frame, with VF3 it doesn't need a spacer & since we are using a smaller 25mm carb i think it's a good match with VF3.

besides the carters are modified with the VF3 in mind so the VL14 will not fit even if i wanted to use it.

So we will stick to the PLAN Malossi MHR TEAM BB77cc Indeed.

some videos with Tiba

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edJFj3Rvb9M&feature=related"]YouTube - MHR Beta Ark topspeed run[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDyU_TpCkQU&feature=related"]YouTube - MHR Beta Ark 70cc vs Yamaha Mio 180cc[/ame]

Good to see some vids, seems that the setup is perfect as usual, Nice race to the Mio, good to see team power still beating a bike over 2x the displacement!

I have just put my prorace exhaust on my team2, so soon will tell what a difference this exhaust shall make from the c21.

EXACTLY WOW 24HP!

So its possible since we have C21 and C30

hey fafs, when you order the BB77 kit make sure you order a spare piston kit & rings, i think Access Plus doesn't have these kits yet.

btw installing a 2nd radiator is inevitable, Onchie's Beta Ark needed a secondary radiator & what a difference it made to running temperatures, i can actually hold the radiator even after some hard test runs. no more detonation due to high temperatures.

Stock making 24hp? Interesting results ! Does anyone know of any dyno results would be great to see where its making most power in comparison to the brother cylinders.

U will have 21,23 hp to be exact ^^

You can t expect anything...I know too many noobs who had with Team2 not even 16 HP.
Its a matter of your tuning

Here a dyno run of a Mhr team 2 70ccm STOCK portmap....pro flow tuned carter

http://www.scootertuning.de/gallery/displayimage.php?imageid=70064&original=1

And here another one with an Team2 (says he but ppl said it was 77ccm BB NOT XSH Tuned)

http://www.scootertuning.de/gallery/displayimage.php?imageid=69978&original=1

Therefore,If u have no idea of Tuning u should better buy a Sport cylinder,you will have the same result...High end Tuning is and stays for Pros and not wannabe*s

Back