Jog RR - Mhr Cross! *Update*

Kaxx

Hi, my name is Simon, i'm 16 years old, and love scooters!
My new Project is a Jog RR. It's almost done.

DSC00119_big_thumb.JPG

The setup is:
Aerox engine - Tuned by SMR
• Cilinderkit : Malossi Team Cross 70cc ø12.
• Crank : Athena Racing Rod85 Ø12
• Exhaust : Yasuni C30 Kevlar
• Bearings : C4 and Corteco
• Carb : 28mm Stage6 PWK - Tuned by SMR
• Air Filter : Stage6 Double Layer Black
• Manifold : TRD 30mm
• Reed valve : Stage6 V-Force Carbon
• Clutch : Malossi Delta Clutch 107mm
• Clutch Bell : Stage6 Wingcooler 107mm
• Variomatic : Malossi Over range
• Stage6 CNC Drive
• Ignition : Malossi E-Prom
• Transmission : Malossi HTQ with Nardo Transmission Shield with Bearings.
• Sparkplug : NGK B10EVX

I got some parts home.

DSC00029_big_thumb.JPG

DSC000341_big_thumb.JPG

DSC000412_big_thumb.JPG

DSC000312_big_thumb.JPG

DSC00902_big_thumb.JPG

DSC00904_big_thumb.JPG

I started putting it together.
DSC00114_big_thumb.JPG

DSC00115_big_thumb.JPG

Then it is almost finnish i only need to adjust the engine.

DSC00120_big_thumb.JPG

DSC00121_big_thumb.JPG

DSC00123_big_thumb.JPG

DSC00124_big_thumb.JPG

DSC00125_big_thumb.JPG

DSC00126_big_thumb.JPG

Then i started it up for the first time. It have been running 15 min.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_ceW5bgp7s&feature=channel_page"]YouTube - My jog rr First startup Team cross.[/ame]

In this weekend i was to the first meeting with the Jog rr.
DSC000101_big_thumb.JPG

its was running awesome! But suddenly after 1½ lap it stopped :'( I was walking back from the track.

Haha_simon_xD_big_thumb.JPG

when i got back in the pit, and took the cylinder off, i met this terrible sight. :(

DSC01243_big_thumb.JPG

New piston is on its way, and the engine is taking of the jog rr, to modify some more, so its ready to the next meeting in 3 weeks.

21/4/09
My got my piston today, and here u got a picture of the cilinder, it broke the nicasil 1 place, but i dont think that matters. I'm starting the Jog rr with the new piston in a few hours.
DSC01244_big_thumb.JPG

DSC01245_big_thumb.JPG

The Jog rr is alive again! On the vid, the jet is too high, so i'm sure that it gets enough :D
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaaz2OxnBZM"]YouTube - Yamaha Jog RR MHR Cross, New piston![/ame]

25/4/09
I made a new Engine mounting today, the original was too weak, and motor was not straight with the rear end :S
(My welding is not the prettiest, But very strong :p)
DSC000191_big_thumb.JPG

The Jog on my fathers workplace (where we made the engine mounting)
DSC00018_big_thumb.JPG

New airfilter, jets an kelk is ordered, i am going to have it on Thuesday :)

27/04/09
I got my jets, airfilter and kelk today
DSC01252_big_thumb.JPG

The kelk is 75mm Im exited to see how it runs :)
DSC01254_big_thumb.JPG

My new airfilter beside my old Stage6 Double Layer its 49mm
DSC01256_big_thumb.JPG

The Carb with the kelk mounted :)
DSC01258_big_thumb.JPG

10/5/2009

I get the Jog RR started up today, an was driving, it runned extremly good :) BUT! After 200-300 meters it died AGAIN!
Omg, i was so angry i took the helmet off and throwed it away! when i came home i took the cylinder off, and the reason was Too low jet... So now i got my third piston and the new jets are comming in this week(my main jet set only goes to 148)
DSC01451_big_thumb.JPG

The cylinder isnt damaged that much this time neither :D But the Cylinder head whas damaged this time...
DSC01452_big_thumb.JPG

Please comment!

Last edited:
Advertisement - register to remove this

I cant believe the cyl is not damaged XD

Damn,i suggest a "too" low jet?

Many engines broke that weekend :D
A shame you didnt make to race me :p
HSW than ;)

*UPDATE*

I cant believe the cyl is not damaged XD

Damn,i suggest a "too" low jet?

Many engines broke that weekend :D
A shame you didnt make to race me :p
HSW than ;)

It wasn't a too low jet, the lockring in the piston broke, as you can see on the pictures.

I promise i will race u at HSW ;)

Thanks a lot :D im exited how it runs with the kelk and new filter. And how it runs on the track the new engine mounting.

*Update*
Please comment :D it is going to be fired up again in this week so it is ready to the meeting in the weekend ;)

Shit happens man :-/

Good luck with this cylinder...looks like i wont come thanks to my friend who can t be bothered to repair his bike :mad:!
I m looking for transport :(

Bike is looking nice, But 2 x failure? Damn! I know it sounds simple, but you did check the crankcases for the spare piece of the circlip, as this could of caused it to break the second time. Did you ever re-use the circlips? What size jet was you using the second time it broke?

Hopefully this time it wont break again, I would suggest stripping the cases down to check for any foreign objects in there to prevent it happening again..

Shit happens man :-/

Good luck with this cylinder...looks like i wont come thanks to my friend who can t be bothered to repair his bike :mad:!
I m looking for transport :(

Yes :/
Is it mikkels bike? and what does he need ti repair?
i hope u find a way to come to hsw, then we are gonna race ;)

Bike is looking nice, But 2 x failure? Damn! I know it sounds simple, but you did check the crankcases for the spare piece of the circlip, as this could of caused it to break the second time. Did you ever re-use the circlips? What size jet was you using the second time it broke?

Hopefully this time it wont break again, I would suggest stripping the cases down to check for any foreign objects in there to prevent it happening again..

It was too low jet this time, the jet was 145.. but i get my jet set today then i will put a 160 or something in then im sure it wont break again xD

the piece that broke of the circlips on the top of the first piston
the circlips i use now is them u get with the piston :)

Maybe the jog will be running again today :)

21/5/09

I have been working each day in this week so i didn't have time to update :) But i was to the 2. meeting in DK this year, the jog were running okay, no1 followed me on the straights ;) but still a lot og adjusting. i only drived 4 laps, it rained a lot and the it isn't that fun to drive with Slicks :D the first 10 min the track opened there were 17 crashes :p
The jog still got a lot of tourqe! each time after a curve, and i gave it full throttle it just spinned the wheel :)
508034_l_big_thumb.jpg

When i got back in the pit i disvorered that the water"bottle" was empty, so i took a look at my radiator and saw that it was broken, Brand new original yamaha jog rr radiator :S so the second day, i borrowed my friends pata negra jog frame racer, and raced on it :D
Mig_p%C3%A5_jog_big_thumb.jpg

when i got home, i talked with a friend and buyed a F32s to a "Nice Price" :D so its gonna be mounted and hopefully it's done to the ASW meeting the 30-31 May.
DSC00044_big_thumb.JPG

and the F32s beside the original Jog fork
DSC00046_big_thumb.JPG

Please Comment!

Last edited:
Back