Jetforce Ctech Tuning

mark evans

Hello there I hope someone can help me I have just joined this forum for pointers
My son has just purchased a 2010 Ctech Jetforce it has the watercooled Horizonal motor fitted and came with a brand new Gianelli Extra 2 Exhaust fitted it was bought with the intention of tuning the motor.
I tried to talk him into the Gilera Runner as there is plenty of tuning information for these, but apparently does not look as trick as the Jetforce, Oh well.

We would like to put a 70cc + cylinder kit on it. to make 10hp + Thinking of Stage 6.
I am more than aware as performance goes up reliability goes down, I can live with annual piston/rings rebuilds
but full strip downs is going to wear thin.

Q1 I have done some reading and there is much talk of a poor intake manifold causing restrictions, does this also apply to the Horizontal LC motor.
Q2 The crank stock apparently has a 12mm Gudgeon pin , is this man enough for higher Rpm Cylinders.
Q3 the stock carb is a Gurtner PY (no markings) 23mm measured on internal intake side with a 14.3mm diameter slide, is this PY12 or PY15 (PY15 would be a good start PY12 would need replacing.)
Q4 I know the above exhaust is a cheapy, as it looks like new is there any merit in using it

The general test Dynos for cylinders are not shown for specific motors, what I dont want to do is to buy a very
expensive cylinder only to find that it is incapable of producing those figures because it is fitted to an inferior
crankcase

There seems to be little information tuning these motors that I can find so any help would be very helpfull.

Thanks Mark

Advertisement - register to remove this

Back