Italian Drag TCR 88cc with NX by Alex

Alex Team

Hi boys, I'm Alex and this is my first thread at this forum! Sorry for my not perfect english.

Now, I want to present my '09 drag for 150m italian sprint championship. This drag was build on august '08 with Team Cristofolini collaboration for SAWE extreme '08 races.
I chose TCR 88cc cylinder with NX kit because, on italy, an similar engine made the best scooter time of 5,6 sec on 150m ( no reaction time).
Now the italian championship is on 6th race and with a lot of problem I made only 6,0 sec with 138 km/h max speed...it is a good time but some piaggio and minarelli drag made 5,8 sec without NX. They pilots are very lighter than me but my engine is not at 100%.
On Italy this year there are 2 classes from 71cc to 100cc (normal and supercharged). On supercharged we are 2-3 competitors and the 1st or 2nd position is always my! very sad championship!

Now the technical description! I accept criticism, compliments and comments.

Cylinder: TCR 50mm 6t
Piston: mhr big bore 50mm for 86cc big bore
cranshaft: TCR 45mm course
exhaust: TCR
Carburetor: dell'orto vhsa 32mm
Valve: vl14 malossi
Intake: stage6 with NX fogger
Ignition: malossi selettra
Transmission: over range malossi 19mm rollers diameter
Clutch: malossi delta clutch
Clutch bell: polini evo2
N2O kit: NX piranha
Total weight: 40kg all inclusive
Pilots weight: 78kg with motorcycle clothes.

Last edited:
Advertisement - register to remove this

ehehehehe....whith nx (more HP I hope :) ) there are some problems of grip....if you think, on my frame the pilot have very straight body at start and the weight is more on rear wheel!!! You can try this experience on your scooter with a balance under the rear wheel!!

did you bore your cylinder to 50mm or did TCR make a 50mm bore kit already. also some guy on here says that his 90cc TCR kit is a 8T and i noticed yours say 6T.

Ok, there is confusion.

On Italy TCR kit was produced 47,6mm and 50mm bore with 6t. My cylinder was born 50mm 6t. I don't know if 50mm 6t kit was exported on UE; but I don't think so.

Now the new 8t for Italy and exports is only 50mm bore!

I was understandable?

Ok, there is confusion.

On Italy TCR kit was produced 47,6mm and 50mm bore with 6t. My cylinder was born 50mm 6t. I don't know if 50mm 6t kit was exported on UE; but I don't think so.

I was understandable?
o.k. cool. where can i get info on the new 50mm 8T bore kits.

Ok, there is confusion.

I was understandable?

o.k. cool. where can i get info on the new 50mm 8T bore kits.

I am the owner of a 8T and already told you that i have buyed @ T.C.R fabric..

So you can ask it everyone but it would be still the same.. :p

But nice work Alex

How many HP did you already have with your T.C.R

More info for 8t kit not exist. Only Team Cristofolini tested this component at bank and only they know the difference than 6t kit!
Now for Italy customers 8t kit it isn't available but i don't know why! I believe that they are still developing.
I don't know the 8t power features but I analyzed 2 8t cylinder of my friend (bicilindric drag) and materials are very good than last 6t kit.

JRMN contact me and tell me your opinion when you tested the 8t.

I suppose my drag power is 30-32 real hp with nos. I say this for the last result on road time.

Hello Alex:) Nice drag you have. Do you also come to the SAWE? Does Camerani still drive with his TCR dragster?

Thanks for the congratulation boys!

This year I and team Cristofolini (i suppose) not come on SAWE, because last year we traveled 10-12 hours at gone and return, and the race was suspended. At friday we setting very well our drag and we were ready for the Saturday race! At Saturday morning Camerani was badly and we not run a single free ride. Infact the final leaderboard was made with Saturday morning free ride.
We lost much money and much time without reason. It's a very big event for europe scooters fans but this year I rest at home.

Moreover at 2009 season Camerani not drive drag, for personal job problems.

I think back to Germany at 2010 with my Friend Simone, he have a bycilindric tcr (2x88cc) and now is developing this engine on Italian championship.
http://www.streetbuzz.net/video/4°-gara-di-accelerazione-triveneto-castelguglielmo/it/#more-3647

last best time!

Hi guys, last week end whit my drag i made a good 5,815 at 147 km/h without reaction time....I think 6,1-6,2 in holland. It's a good result because I'm the pilot and with the race clothes my weight is 80 kg

Now the engine is very fast and there aren't detonation and broken!

I'm happy!!

the italian sprint times used to be 0,2-0,3 faster than german ones for example.
None of the italian dragsters made a time under 6.0 and some of them claimed to have that time in italy...

A shame u didnt come to the sa we,there was many italian bikes :)

the italian sprint times used to be 0,2-0,3 faster than german ones for example.
None of the italian dragsters made a time under 6.0 and some of them claimed to have that time in italy...

just because none of them drove a time under 6 seconds on this weekend that does't mean that you can't compare the times. as you probably know the performance isn't always the same.

by the way: the trt minarelli sprinter drove a 5,8 (without reaction time) last scooterweekend ;)

....I think 6,1-6,2 in holland....

Yes the time aren't comparable, but on Italy we not have reaction time and we not running with another opponents...

Which is the best SBO time with 80-90cc+nos sprinter?

Last week I remade a new 5,8 but my friend Alby ( he was at sa we) made a 5,3....o_0

In Italy the drag scene is about to end :-( and we hope to run even in 2010. If the organizers not organize a championship I hope Scooter attack made a new championsip with their system of timing.....so I can compare the time!!!

I don't write on this forum for exalt my performance, but I think is interesting to compare experience and ideas on 2t scooters engine.

sorry always for my not good english

Last edited:
Now I see the Sa We result and I reply apriliafun post. At scooter weekend the only time under 6,0 reaction time excluded was an 5,8767 ...the best time of sawe 2009.

Back