I need porting advise

why do you get like this in topics?
calm down
raising the port will give less torque throughout the band
all you do when you raise the port is that you increase the rpm's

power=torque *rpm

you make it sound to be so complicated why do you do this?

Eoin70 said:
why do you get like this in topics?
calm down
raising the port will give less torque throughout the band
all you do when you raise the port is that you increase the rpm's

power=torque *rpm

you make it sound to be so complicated why do you do this?
still u talk about something u have a HEARD theory about...u have never ported a cilinder.....but yes if you raise the exhaust port EQUALLY it will have less power but more rpms and a broader powerband... take your mhr speed cil and/or your team cil and move the piston down so u can see how the exhaust port opens..and then come back to the forum and tell me that the center of the port doesnt open first(its the same with polini evo aswell)...the center of the port opens first because the port is so big that it will already have alot of rpms, what mhr or polini needed from the cil was to be able to use the rpms were they are needed...hence raising the center or having a cil were the center of the exhaust port opens first meens that power is directed to the low end of the powerband... not all the power but there is alot there...
u ever wonder why u couldnt simply raise the exhaut port and just have the cilinder run way better, but xsh and other tuning places can raise the port and still get alot of low end? its because they know exactly were on the power band will be affected by raising or not raising in certain areas...
also if the port is made wider then the powerband gets harsher but narrower...

dont sit here and argue with me about it... go and email xsh and other places..or read a book or something to figure out what your talking about b4 u question me rudely....i get like this in these forums becasue you i have a little experience tuning exhasut ports and u dont....i have heard from people and seen them do there cilinder and tell me exactly how thing change...u simple come on a computer, search a couple of sites, memorizes a few theorums, and think u are right about everything...get your hands dirty...

lilplaya_bm said:
dont sit here and argue with me about it... go and email xsh and other places..or read a book or something to figure out what your talking about b4 u question me rudely....i get like this in these forums becasue you i have a little experience tuning exhasut ports and u dont....i have heard from people and seen them do there cilinder and tell me exactly how thing change...u simple come on a computer, search a couple of sites, memorizes a few theorums, and think u are right about everything...get your hands dirty...

Please you don't know us from anywhere....and it's you who's argueing...
Maybe we have got dirty much more time than you expect (if you saw my scooter and know me you would notice that) and tune lot's more cilinders than you, but we don't need to speak it to the world...and don't make us the experts on the matter. It's better some but good than lot's but bad...
And please...study harder your books...theory is needed for practical knoledge.
I think you made your point..just let other people show their's...and don't complain all the time and fill this topic.
Thank you

Cruz_e_Silva said:
Please you don't know us from anywhere....and it's you who's argueing...
Maybe we have got dirty much more time than you expect (if you saw my scooter and know me you would notice that) and tune lot's more cilinders than you, but we don't need to speak it to the world...and don't make us the experts on the matter. It's better some but good than lot's but bad...
And please...study harder your books...theory is needed for practical knoledge.
I think you made your point..just let other people show their's...and don't complain all the time and fill this topic.
Thank you
/OFF TOPIC: At last, we can get back on topic on this thread! No more arguing at last geeeeez! ......

Hay guys...this thread is not intended to make you argue.....

Coclusions: TOTALLY CONFUSED AGAIN!!!!!

Looking at Leo Vince 100 c.c. pipe dimensions it is very close to Leo Vince 70 c.c. pipe dimensions and very similar to to Yasuni 20 pics (provided by EOIN70), some of you said a 70 c.c. won't work on my 125 c.c. and some said it will....some opinions says to use a Gilera 125 c.c. pipe (JollyMoto) modified to fit my engine.

Thinking on this, I can't see which is going to be the advantage in using a 70 c.c. pipe instead of the Leo Vince 100 c.c. pipe..only BIG difference I can see is the diameter of the intake manifold (header) by 3 m.m., rest of the pipe is the same.

I will try to get dimensions from a JollyMoto 125 c.c. to compare with the 70 c.c. and 100 c.c., does any one have a pic of the JollyMoto?

Thanks,

O.K. Guys....I have to mke a decision right away..an order from Scooter Center is on hold...... Yasuni 30 or JollyMoto 125 c.c. (Gilera)

Please help!!!!!!

Thanks,

u know wot this forum is like that decsion would take a month
there both good pipes its trail and error
thought you cut ur leo in half??

Hello lillaya!

It is the stock ZIP 90, 50 m.m. bore x 43 m.m. stroke.

I will use the Leo Vince I have, 28 m.m. carb, K&N air filter, custom made aluminium manifold, Malossi boost bottle, Polini reed valve, nology hot wire, Denso iridium spark plug, MVT ignition.

It has to be faster than it is now.....

Mexicano said:
Hello lillaya!

It is the stock ZIP 90, 50 m.m. bore x 43 m.m. stroke.

I will use the Leo Vince I have, 28 m.m. carb, K&N air filter, custom made aluminium manifold, Malossi boost bottle, Polini reed valve, nology hot wire, Denso iridium spark plug, MVT ignition.

It has to be faster than it is now.....
those parts fit??????kool

Mex,
Good luck with Scooter Center. Last time I ordered from them, DHL lost it for a week. If I were you, I'd ask them to ship UPS.
DHL-Europe sucks. It's not just me, the company I work for prohibits us from using DHL, now I understand why.

scootertrog:

Yes I know that, my last shipment from them took over 30 days to arrive....only advantage was the cost $40.00 Euros, last shipment from Sip-ScooterShop was UPS (4 days) but cost me $80.00 Euros!!!!

Back