GY6 TUNERS HELP!

RPscoot

Have a customers linhai gy6-150 in the shop. We are trying to make the most of the stock displacement. He's ok with the curent 58mph top speed from his trans mods, but want the best posible low to midrange power. We have extensivly ported the head and decked .035" off for a comp ratio of about 11:1. My question is could we use a lowend cam like an A-14 to make the best lowend power? Would running high compression with this cam cause detonation? since we will have a beter lowend anyway would we benifit more from an A-9 or A-10? What is your thoughts on using an 11:1 ratio and a lowend power cam?

The curent mods on this scoot are... Custom snorkle intake, 30mm pumper with matching manifold, matched intake port with swirl finish, stainless valves, polished ext port, P&P exhaust, koso variator, 12gr sliders, gates powerlink, prodigy clutch and bell, stock gears, pirelli sl-26 tires 100-90-10 F & 110-80-10 R.

What cam do you think would bring it all together best?

Advertisement - register to remove this

to get low end you need to tune the CVT , not engine , here is a example ;

i have jog 90 scooter makes 7 hp , %100 stock , i think less power then your gy6

its has STOCK CLUTCH TOO !!!! NOT EVEN HARDER CLUTCH SPRING!!

it still wheely backward from start ! and still do 88kph to 91kph ON RADAR GUN !

thats how you tune scooter ! %100 stock engine !

check if rear pully has streight tracks , if not get one with streight track

use different variators and roller weight

i keep engine %100 stock , rear contra spring must be kept stock also

Last edited:
Back